I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I love creative use of words

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

I love creative use of words

Post by Firebolter »

I have been in the testing business most of my career. Mostly missiles and rockets. When we would have a failure, you would look at the data and make an assessment. X and Y failed and the vehicle exploded.

Today, SpaceX launched what was the largest rocket ever made to date and it failed 4 min into flight and on the live stream the rep said "just minutes later after the launch and awaiting stage 1/2 separation, the vehicle experienced a failure – the vehicle experienced a "rapid unscheduled disassembly."

"A rapid unscheduled disassembly". That's about the best lipstick you could ever apply to a pig!
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: I love creative use of words

Post by phoo »

Yeah, I love that crew. They've been using that phrase for several years now, but it's funny every time. And I love that they immediately started cheering right after they watched years' worth of work blow up in the sky.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

It is true what they say, we learn more from failures sometimes than we do in success-
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Elon had tweeted at least a month ago that anything beyond the clearing the tower (or something like that) was a success. I was expecting the RUD earlier. Looks like they were at least 4 engines short in the video at the end where you could see them individually. It took a LOOOOONG time to clear the tower. I wonder how many engines they were down at liftoff.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee