I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

5/24 Wed, Emmitsburg

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
HuskyMatt
DAMN n00b

Re: 5/24 Wed, Emmitsburg

Post by HuskyMatt »

Thanks Phil for another great day. It was nice meeting Wes and Gracie, glad you guys enjoyed your trip 👍
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Great day of riding. We were zipping right along in the morning. Thanks for having us out again Bucho!
I found a hammer and a cellphone in the woods :)
Good seeing you again Wes and meeting Gracie!
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

We were glad we got to spend some time hanging out before we went home. It was good getting to meet you Matt and sorry we took off before you got back on the e-bike. We just figured you were enjoying flogging Stephen's hot rod SurRon and might be awhile :)

By the way, our SurRon has moved on to make another daughter a happy dirt bike rider. They've already ordered the lowering kit for the seat/sub-frame on it and are already planning some trips down to Wicomico to get her out on it on the beginner track there.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Twist, if shes that small a lighter rear spring may be in order too. Kiddo is running a 250# spring (I think stock is 450#.) Depending on if you had the FastAce or DNM rear shock the spring diameters are slightly different. But both are commonly available in other sizes. From my notes:
"DNM takes a Fox sized coil 36mm inner diameter, FastAce takes a RockShox sized coil 38mm inner diameter"
The SurRon and X260 should take a 3.3" spring. (kiddo's X160 uses a 3.0") I bought a rockshox 250x3 for him for $37.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Thanks for the tips on the suspension Stephen. My friend that bought it is pretty comfortable working on his bikes so I'm sure he'll be exploring options as she gets more comfortable riding it. Honestly, they're in the very early stage of "will she take to this or not" but they got inspired by my recent dad/daughter adventure. It might be that it's a good thing these things hold their value so well.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain