I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2 Stroke FI

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

2 Stroke FI

Post by Firebolter »

Was talking to a buddy of mine from Kali and he was asking me if I was going to get a new smoker anytime soon and I said nope, my 18 XCW only has 82 hours on it and it runs like a champ. He said GOOD, Don't! He is having issues with his 300 and was telling me on the 23's there is a fueling issue where guy's bikes seem to start to die after about 1/2 to 2/3's of the tank is empty. Feels like a lean condition and he can't hardly give it throttle and has to limp back. KTM has changed out the fuel pump, but he is still having issues. He said they are talking about a possible SW fix now? I did some research and this is a real issues. seems to be lots of guys having problems with the 23's 2T's with EFI.

Curious if any DAMN riders have any firsthand info on this? This is why I always feel better going out into the bush (real rides like out west I mean) with a bike that is carb'd and good ole gravity fed. I had a fuel pump get shakey on my Husky 310 in Colorado once and as soon as I got home, I sold it and bought a carb'd smoker! Don't need the anxiety on a back country ride. Even McGyver can't fix a broken fuel pump!
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: 2 Stroke FI

Post by smdub »

The new KTM 2T bikes are TBI vs TPI. Don't know why folks don't expect first year teething issues - just like they had w/ TPI. KTM definitely uses its customers as guinea pigs.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Make it orange and it will sell.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Well call me old school, but sometimes there is no replacement for certain kinds of mechanical systems over electrical ones IRT reliability and ease of upkeep. I am not knocking new tech, rather, there will always be the question of reliability of electrical versus mechanical components, in this case in the fueling system. For a true go back woods, least risk, carb's still work well and with my setup, there is no jetting, and they run good everwhere :duel: :cheers: :loveit:
Lots of cool bikes---