I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux DS 2023 HELP!!!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Michaux DS 2023 HELP!!!

Post by BigBird »

This OLD DUMMY can't figure out how to get the GPX file for this event on to his Garmin Montana 680t.

I have downloaded the GPX file and the directions for transfer to Garmin Basecamp but can't make them work.
The files are also available in other formats if that would help (KML and KMZ) and I have these instructions for GPX to Basecamp but CAN'T DO IT!

Of course if anyone else already has a Basecamp or other Garmin compatible file available that woiuld be GREAT!
THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR GUIDANCE!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Importing GPX Files into Garmin BaseCamp™ and Transferring the Data to a Garmin Outdoor Handheld
GPX files can come from a variety of sources and contain data such as routes, tracks, waypoints, and geocaches.
These files can be imported into our Garmin BaseCamp™ program to review on a computer and then transferred to a compatible handheld Garmin.

Importing and Transferring GPX Files
First, you need to import the GPX file(s) into BaseCamp™ software with the steps below.
1. Open Garmin BaseCamp™ software.
2. Select the File drop-down menu from the top toolbar.
3. Select Import...
4. Browse to the GPX file location from the Import File window.
5. Select Open for Windows, or Import for Mac.
Once the GPX file has been loaded, you should then be able to transfer the data to your handheld.
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Michaux DS 2023 HELP!!!

Post by Firebolter »

I didn't get the file yet, when did you get the email from DELVAL? would you mind emailing it to me?

Once you download the file, you should be able to just double click it, it should (by default) open up in Basecamp. Make sure you have your GPS plugged into the USB port of the computer you are using. After the file opens in Basecamp, you'll see the route displayed on whatever base map you have in your Basecamp app. then you look to the left of the base camp window and you'll see the file name, highlight or select it, and use the "send to device" in the pull down menu to send it to your GPS. It should pop up a box and ask you to send all? Select waypoints, routes and then transfer it.

It should then show up on your GPS.

KML is for google earth and other display tools that use that format. Garmin will want the gpx file.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Sam,

I got the file (thanks Sean) and had no issue uploading it to the Garmin via Basecamp. Also loaded it on the Trail tech and it loads/displays perfect there too. Let me know if you need some help, I could call ya and walk ya through it.

The only thing is each "leg" is a route, so you will have to go in and "turn on" all of the tracks so they will display as the default (atleast on my Garmin) is they are turned off-
Lots of cool bikes---
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

THHANK YOU! I'll try it soon and likely end up calling you - DUH!!!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

You don't need it. Follow the arrows and the crowd.
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:08 pm You don't need it. Follow the arrows and the crowd.
Ha ha
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

BTW- I'll be running the snack stop at Big Flat. :deal:
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Laoch wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:39 pm BTW- I'll be running the snack stop at Big Flat. :deal:
Didn't see you man! Me, Phoo, Sean and Jim were there around 1130.
Good job on the course, little dusty yesterday but PERFECT temp and humidity-
Lots of cool bikes---