I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Boost is fun

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Boost is fun

Post by Firebolter »

Forced induction makes me horny-

Stock LS1 bottom w/catback, ECS Supercharger, 60lb injectors, 8.5lbs of boost and drives nice and stock like till ~3K then the fun begins

Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Boost is fun

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:58 pm Forced induction makes me horny-

Stock LS1 bottom w/catback, ECS Supercharger, 60lb injectors, 8.5lbs of boost and drives nice and stock like till ~3K then the fun begins

Bill likes it when its “forced”
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Yes, Yes I do! :thumbup:
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Very cool! Coming along nicely!

Remember to let me know when you take it to the track! Or just to cruise around somewhere is cool, too.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

phoo wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:14 pm

Remember to let me know when you take it to the track! Or just to cruise around somewhere is cool, too.
Put this on your schedule, I want to try roll racing-

https://goracemir.com/schedule/calendar ... -06-10.htm
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I'm confused. Is that a 60 MPH rolling start on a drag strip? The video is from Pocono Raceway, but that site is Maryland International Raceway which looks like it's just a drag strip. And it says 1/3 mile races, but it's only a 1/4 mile strip.

Oh, it looks like they start moving on the pad before the traditional "start" line and punch it when they get to some cones.

Drag racing isn't my thing, especially at that price when I don't have a need for 5-7 hours of "tuning," but let me know if you end up doing it and I'll try to get over there to provide moral support.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

yeah, you start back behind the start line. Left lane is the "leader" and you both head to the start line no faster than 65. So right lane is trying to stay even with the left lane up to the start. There are lights on the sides of both lanes in addition to the tree. As you are approaching the line, if the light is Green, then it is on, if yellow, no race and if Red you stop for some safety reason. Then as you hit the line (assuming a Green light), you floor it and race to the line.

At first you are racing to get as close to the speed bracket you are in. If you are racing in the 120 class, then you want to get as close to 120mph as you can as you cross the line, without going over 120. SO the field works it's way down to the finals by using the closest to 120 time as the determining factor. For the finals, then it is the same rolling race start but the first across the line wins. They have 120/130/140 and 200+ etc. classes. Different tracks have more or less classes.

Nice thing, it doesn't burn up tires like traditional drag racing does, you can race on typical summer tires and not need drag radials, less wear and tear on the drive train since you are not starting from a standing stop etc. I just want to go try it once and with it at MIR in June, easy 65 miles for me to go check it out. Never done it ~ perfect time to LEGALLY and safely see what the car will do in this config.
Lots of cool bikes---