I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

fe 250 issues

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

fe 250 issues

Post by Laoch »

DAMN Husky has been sitting for about a year. I have been starting it regularly and let it idle, even a few small laps in the yard.

Recently I started it with intentions of going to Michaux. I was puttering around the yard and it "flamed" out or died under throttle. Then had trouble starting. The next day it started right up would idle for a few minutes and then die. Again trouble restarting. Actually killed the battery.

I drained the fuel. Added some new fuel and B12/seafoam stuff. Same issues.

Any suggestions?
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: fe 250 issues

Post by Twist »

I sometimes have trouble with my FI WR250R if it's sat all winter. Sea Foam in the tank and running the snot out of it for about 20-30 miles usually clears it. The symptom is usually hesitation off idle and it's never not started. Good luck with it. I'm wondering if the last time it got a good workout was a while back when you Phil and I romped around Michaux.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

do you have a fuel filter on it? old gas can clog up them filter screens pretty easy. I use seafoam as well in the winter and haven't had any issues across 4 bikes. Look inside the air filter track too, ya never know!
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Sounds like you need to park it at my place so I can be shown love more often.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I will change in-line filter and go wfo for a while. See what happens.

Mike- you're not wrong. It's been a tough year for riding. Mostly been on GS
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Bruce only way I fixed that problem was to have less bikes. Finding more time just never seems to happen
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Right again. Working on four grandchildren right now. Been doing camping (bought a small camper) and hiking, fishing, soccer, etc.

And for some reason I decided to start fire fighter training, and sign up as a Disaster response guy for the hospital. WTF :lol2: :lol2:
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Laoch wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:44 pm Right again. Working on four grandchildren right now. Been doing camping (bought a small camper) and hiking, fishing, soccer, etc.

And for some reason I decided to start fire fighter training, and sign up as a Disaster response guy for the hospital. WTF :lol2: :lol2:
I will be down to get the 2fiddy.....Sawyer would love to whip the snot out of it running back and forth to Shipp College.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Changed in-line fuel filter, seafoam and new gas. And new battery.

Much better. Ran a few hard laps around the yard (acre lot). I just have to do that a few more times and then I'll feel good about it.

Sorry MIke, Sawyer has to wait. Funny- I let my son take my GS for a few months and he used it to commute. Much better than letting it sit.
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

This mo*therf*cker done pissed me off. Was running fine. Went for a spin around the block. F*cker shut off. No restart. It did eventually but I trailered it home anyway. I pulled everything and changed all filters, including in tank filter. Changed plug, oil, etc. Runs fine. Few laps around the yard, up and down the street no problems. Fresh ethonal free gas. I start it very day or so.

Today -starts up and cuts off, went thru this a few times. I would give throttle and as soon as I let off it does, Starts idles dies.
Pulled everything and double check.
Now it won't even start, weird high pitched whistle or squeal.

:shrug:
Bruce