I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2018 WR250R for sale. $5,000

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

2018 WR250R for sale. $5,000

Post by Twist »

'tis the season, I guess, for moving bikes along that aren't getting ridden as much as they should. I'm going to put this up here for a week or so before listing it elsewhere for more.

I've decided to let my well cared for WR250R move on to its 2nd owner. My other bikes are getting all my seat time so letting it go. It's a 2018 bought new in 2019 and have put 1200 mostly trail/BDR miles on it after setting it up as a well equipped ADV machine. I still have all original parts for it that were taken off with only 100 or so road miles on the bike so all those parts look new. Here's the list:

- 1000 miles on Dunlop D606 rear, MT-21 front with TUbliss in both wheels.
- IMS 4.7 gal tank w/ custom graphics
- Doubletake Mirrors
- Barkbusters
- bar risers
- Ricochet skid plate
- Dirt Racks luggage racks.
- Seat Concepts low seat
- 50T rear sprocket/OEM 13T countershaft (great for crawling around)
- 12 o'clock labs speedo healer calibrated for gearing
- sandman case saver kit
- LED turn signals front and rear
- tail tidy
- rear rack
- switched relay power to the bars (phone/gps etc charging)

In the photos below, the bike has a new Touratech charging mount and zumo XT GPS on it. If this isn't a priority for you I can remove it and knock $250 off the price of the bike.

The tank graphics are an appliqué I had custom designed but can be removed if you'd prefer the naked IMS tank look. As mentioned, I have all the original parts (tank, plastics, tires, sprocket, etc) that will be included with the sale.

Here's what it looked like new before I threw a bunch of money at it :)

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: 2018 WR250R for sale. $5,000

Post by phoo »

So tempting. GLWS

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Sale pending.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Sale pending.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Those Yamahas are like money in the bank....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:37 pm Those Yamahas are like money in the bank....
Pretty close Mike. I listed it on FB Marketplace and ADVRider for $5,500 and have a buyer coming Friday to buy it for that.

I thought about restoring back to the factory tank and plastics (which are practically new) and swapping out the TUBliss for tubes to make it more widely wanted but the guy buying it is going to ride BDRs with his son so being a fuel barge is a good thing.

If this all goes through I'm thinking about buying an E-MTB like the one Bill (Firebolter) has. We've got some good trails here in Annapolis for that kind of mischief.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

After an hour on FaceTime with the guy showing him anything he wanted to see and that it was exactly what I said it was, he committed. Then as soon as I had the trailer on the truck he called back and said he didn't like the way the IMS tank looked on the bike. I told him I don't blame him because it's ugly but it holds 4.7 gallons of gas so you can ride all day and not have to bail out of the woods to refuel. I have the original tank and sent him the YouTube videos on how easy it is to change out. Ok, we're on. Calls back 30 minutes later and backs out unless I swap the tank out myself. I would if he hadn't been such a flake so far but no way I'm spending any time doing anything else for him. It's too likely I'd go to the trouble and he'd tell me he bought something else.

Sheesh, I hate selling motorcycles. I guess I'm lucky to have so many decent motorcyclist friends because the rest of the asshats out there are trouble. Bottom line, it's advertised on ADVrider and FB Marketplace for $5,500 but I'll sell it to any of you guys for $5K to see it go to someone that's not a knucklehead.

Bruce, it runs better than your 2fiddy. You should buy it. :)
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm After an hour on FaceTime with the guy showing him anything he wanted to see and that it was exactly what I said it was, he committed. Then as soon as I had the trailer on the truck he called back and said he didn't like the way the IMS tank looked on the bike. I told him I don't blame him because it's ugly but it holds 4.7 gallons of gas so you can ride all day and not have to bail out of the woods to refuel. I have the original tank and sent him the YouTube videos on how easy it is to change out. Ok, we're on. Calls back 30 minutes later and backs out unless I swap the tank out myself. I would if he hadn't been such a flake so far but no way I'm spending any time doing anything else for him. It's too likely I'd go to the trouble and he'd tell me he bought something else.

Sheesh, I hate selling motorcycles. I guess I'm lucky to have so many decent motorcyclist friends because the rest of the asshats out there are trouble. Bottom line, it's advertised on ADVrider and FB Marketplace for $5,500 but I'll sell it to any of you guys for $5K to see it go to someone that's not a knucklehead.

Bruce, it runs better than your 2fiddy. You should buy it. :)
Yeah, that guy isnt worth your time.

Its a well set up bike w/ low miles. It should sell.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

but can you pop a wheelie????
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:13 am but can you pop a wheelie????
I can get a pretty good roll-on loftie on my GS. Does that count?

Actually, with the 50T rear on the WRR, it's pretty easy.

I've had two different buyers now tell me that they would engage if I swapped it back to the OEM fuel tank and plastic. I'm in no hurry to sell it but if it isn't gone by May I'll probably consider parting out my upgrades and selling it as a stock bike.