I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Air Tag Oops

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Air Tag Oops

Post by Twist »

The guy that I sold my WR250R to was out in his garage looking at it while it poured down rain today. He called me and asked me why he was hearing a random beep come from the bike. Oops, I left an Air Tag hidden on it. The anti-stalking feature in an Air Tag makes it beep if it's not near the owner's iPhone which this one was decidedly not. I pulled it up on my phone and could see exactly where he was so I guess this did its job if someone had taken it.

I dropped it from my account and told him he could have it. He paid me my price for the bike and drove all the way down here to get it so it's the least I could do.

Many of the bike thieves around here are smart enough to make sure no one is ever around their stolen bikes with an iPhone until they can comb the bike to ditch the tags. I'm getting so feeble minded I put it on there so I could remember where I left my bike.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Air Tag Oops

Post by Bucho »

Ha ha

At least it works
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200