I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Adventure/Dualsport Helmet

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Adventure/Dualsport Helmet

Post by Bucho »

Any recommendations for a decent adv type helmet?

I have a street/full face helmet and a MX/offroad helmet that are both pretty long in the tooth.

I was looking to get a helmet that has a visor that can pull down for street riding. Or remove the visor and use w/ goggles/glasses for offroad.

(I still have a chinbar/mtn bike helmet for warm weather offroading).

Scorpion used to be my go to for street helmets but its been almost a decade since Ive looked at those things.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Adventure/Dualsport Helmet

Post by Twist »

On my way driving back home from NJ I stopped in to the Revzilla mothership store near Philly to try on helmets. My Klim had hit the ground a few times it was just time to retire it. They have an entire wall of helmets to choose from. I looked at Touratech, Arai, Schuberth, and a few others but nothing fits me as well as the Klim. I replaced my old one with another one.

The main thing, well, two things actually, that pushed me to justify the cost is that the shape and interior padding design fits my head perfectly; and, the transitions face shield is a game changer for me. I used to have to worry about my long rides going in to the night looking for a place to camp. I don't like wearing sunglasses in my helmet so I always had a smoked shield that I'd have to leave open or change it out for a clear one after dark.

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I have a Klim Krios and I added the Transitions lens from the Krios Pro. It's a bit long in the tooth and needs replaced. I will certainly be replacing it with a Krios Pro. It isn't a hardcore off-road helmet with a sharp chin bar so it is fairly safe for rolling down the pavement and the peak flows air through it well enough not to be a big issue on the road. I wore it riding to Idaho and back. I liked it well enough I am planning on getting another one, but the Pro version. I like the Transitions lens, the Pinlock, and the Fid-Lock. Both the basic and the Pro versions are carbon fiber. I certainly wouldn't buy a helmet that wasn't made out of carbon fiber or something lighter at this point anymore.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thanks guys, keep the suggestions coming if you have them
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
kos1
DAMN Wanabe

Post by kos1 »

Wonder if any local shops are marking down the XD-4s now that it's discontinued. If it fits well for you they seem to be worth the investment. I ended up getting a killer deal on a Schuberth E1 which I couldn't pass up but regret it. I would not recommend the E1.
'06 DR 650
'81 GL500 (some assembly required)
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

kos1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:00 am Wonder if any local shops are marking down the XD-4s now that it's discontinued. If it fits well for you they seem to be worth the investment. I ended up getting a killer deal on a Schuberth E1 which I couldn't pass up but regret it. I would not recommend the E1.
Ive never owned an Arai, but maybe. Im not sure if JT’s in Frederick carries Arai. Prices marked down is always good
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200