I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shenandoah 500

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Shenandoah 500

Post by Rut Row »

gzj443 wrote:We will be camping. Natural Chimneys is a really nice camp ground and it is neat haveing all the bikers take over the place. Just up the road is a fire hall where you can buy breakfast and dinner; I highly recommend both....
Do we need to reserve campsites?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie »

so i would need an AMA membership, i seen $39 for 1 year was that the right site? i would need to tag along with some one though i watched how you use a roll chart but havent even tried it (at michaux this year) that was my 1st ride like this :rayof: .....ill think on it for a few days
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

AccidentalWheelie wrote:so i would need an AMA membership, i seen $39 for 1 year was that the right site? i would need to tag along with some one though i watched how you use a roll chart but havent even tried it (at michaux this year) that was my 1st ride like this :rayof: .....ill think on it for a few days
Roll charts are fairly easy to understand - Bucho and I learned how to read them this year at the NJER - if we can do it you can!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Yes, definitely. Although we tried calling yesterday and the message said they were closed until Thursday; kinda weird....
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gzj443 wrote:
Yes, definitely. Although we tried calling yesterday and the message said they were closed until Thursday; kinda weird....
Bucho and I will arrive Friday night - can you get a site large enough for the DAMN contingent or should we reserve separately?
Ken
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

can you get a site large enough for the DAMN contingent or should we reserve separately?
I can sure try. What it the offical, committed count from DAMN. I re-read this thread and see you, phil and Jason as "committed". I think you are permitted 2 tents per site. My group is at 3 and you guys are another 3 for a total of 6. Will 3 sites surfice or should I try to get 4 all side by side?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gzj443 wrote:
can you get a site large enough for the DAMN contingent or should we reserve separately?
I can sure try. What it the offical, committed count from DAMN. I re-read this thread and see you, phil and Jason as "committed". I think you are permitted 2 tents per site. My group is at 3 and you guys are another 3 for a total of 6. Will 3 sites surfice or should I try to get 4 all side by side?
I'd go for 4 side-by-side if available
Ken
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Just to be clear, we're talking about this year correct? October 3-4. Is it 500 miles or kilometers?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Grady wrote:Just to be clear, we're talking about this year correct? October 3-4. Is it 500 miles or kilometers?
as in 2 months from now - DAMN... I thought is was feet...
Ken
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Nevermind the miles or kilometers question, I just checked out the nvtr site and answered my own question.