I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Shenandoah 500

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Shenandoah 500

Post by Rut Row » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:26 pm

Boom Boom wrote:OldmanX, Mullet, orange flash and myself are signed up.
When oldmanX gets the camp sites reserved hopefully he will post them up so we can hook up with you guys and put some faces to names. :kumbaya:
Sorry, no tents for us old feable farts. Truck camper and toyhauler all the way :brows:
Code - we need a new decal - DAMN Old Geezer! :amazon:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:02 pm

DAMN Old Geezer, yep you nailed it :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:30 pm

When oldmanX gets the camp sites reserved hopefully he will post them up so we can hook up with you guys and put some faces to names. :kumbaya:
Sorry, no tents for us old feable farts. Truck camper and toyhauler all the way :brows:
I'm having a heck of a time getting through to the campground. Yesterday I called a dozen times, up until 4:45pm. The phone would ring a dozen or so times before a message voice would say something like "message off" and it would disconnect. Today, its been busy the half a dozen or so times that I've called. I'd send them an email but I'm not seeing an address...
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale

OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:38 pm

OldmanX wrote:
I'm having a heck of a time getting through to the campground. Yesterday I called a dozen times, up until 4:45pm. The phone would ring a dozen or so times before a message voice would say something like "message off" and it would disconnect. Today, its been busy the half a dozen or so times that I've called. I'd send them an email but I'm not seeing an address...
Okay...spoke too soon. I called after returning from lunch and got through to a very personable and helpful lady. We have sites B16 - 17 reserved for the nights of 10/2 and 10/3. I tried to also reserve one site for 10/5 but she couldn't do that right now...although it shouldn't be an issue. It seems that the park management is changing after 10/1, and they're holding up on reservations past that point for the time being. She told me that should soon be resolved. She also said that they look forward to having the Shenandoah 500 rider group. That was cool to hear!!

One reason for staying Sunday night...beyond the obvious Old guys need their rest reason...is to ride somewhere on our way back to western Pa. on Monday. Does anybody have suggetsions? Taskers Gap?? Rocky Run?? The Cove?? Anybody want to join up? The Mullet and I could bring our off-road bikes with us or it could just be another day on the dual sports.
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:45 pm

this is good news - how many people/tents/bikes can you put on each site?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Kyler wrote:this is good news - how many people/tents/bikes can you put on each site?
I didn't ask that question...guess I should have. The website says 2 tents per tent site, I believe. Orangeflash tells me that the rv sites are big enough to hold more than one truck/trailer combination. If they'd allow, it'd be fine with me if someone wanted to pitch a tent or tents in our site. And my camper will sleep 3 comfortably...more if an air matterass or 2 are pitched in the garage bay...only 2 of us planning to sleep in it as it now stands.

She did tell me that the ride coordinators and quite a number of other riders are already confirmed as camping there.
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale

biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:40 pm

Yeah, last year the place was packed with almost exclusively Shenandoah 500 riders.
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com

Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:03 am

Kyler wrote:
this is good news - how many people/tents/bikes can you put on each site?

I didn't ask that question...guess I should have. The website says 2 tents per tent site, I believe.
It sounds like the concensus for offical DAMN camp was to keep the "Primative" Tent camping sites we initially reserved. I too have been trying to get back in touch with the camp people to confirm how many tents we can put on each site, but based on the FACTS that I just read on the internet as posted by OldmanX, let's go with 2 each....

Therefore, here is the deal: We have 4 sites reserved in Section "T", sites number 9, 10 , 11 & 12. If you look on the map the campground has posted on-line, Section "T" is the furthermost east area over by section J. The reservation is under the name of Paul Vangellow. If you get there first, just roll in like you own the place and I don't think you will have a problem and then lay some cash on myself or Paul later in the Weekend.

With 4 sites reserved and 2 tents per site, we can theoretically hold 8 people. I have 3 of the spots accounted for leaving 5 up for grabs. I suggest we do a roll call and each person should post-up and account for a spot until the 5 remaining are taken. Then any over-flow folks can try to make a reservation on their own for some thing near sites 9-12 in section T and we can grow the offical DAMN site as needed....

Reserved:
1. Jay S.
2. Paul V.
3. Pat S.

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:06 am

Reserved:
1. Jay S.
2. Paul V.
3. Pat S.
4. Ken (Kyler)
5. Phil (Bucho)
Ken

hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:16 am

Kyler wrote:Reserved:
1. Jay S.
2. Paul V.
3. Pat S.
4. Ken (Kyler)
5. Phil (Bucho)
6. Jason (Hondahawkrider)
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure