I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Michaux riders... Anybody else get sick?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Michaux riders... Anybody else get sick?

Post by Grady » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:07 pm

I had the ham and fries, I didn't eat my mac salad.

Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:40 am

Do any of you guys who got sick think you have passed the bug to any body else; that would surely confirm it is viral? Yesterday, my 2 year old son became very sick and this morning my wife is not feeling well.

My motorcycle riding is already a detraction from speding "Family-Time" together so I get guilty feelings about that; and now my riding is resposible for making them all sick on top of that!

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:54 am

gzj443 wrote:Do any of you guys who got sick think you have passed the bug to any body else; that would surely confirm it is viral? Yesterday, my 2 year old son became very sick and this morning my wife is not feeling well.

My motorcycle riding is already a detraction from speding "Family-Time" together so I get guilty feelings about that; and now my riding is resposible for making them all sick on top of that!
I can see it coming - it is all the motorcycle riding's fault - you'll have to quit riding

quick - go get ill at work so you won't have to work either! :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:52 pm

I didn't get sick. I probably killed the virus when I splattered on the rocks late in the day Sunday. DAMN, it still hurts.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing

OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 pm

I just heard back from Steve O. He had to travel to UT the next day and had this while on the road!!! OH MY GOD, that had to be less than pleasant. This thing knocked me flat. The #s of sick people from this thing are rising as more check in.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...

SteveO

Post by SteveO » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Nothing like puking all night in a hotel room...

What's your guess for the culprit?

Breakfast:
Coffee
Doughnut
Fruit

Lunch:
Turkey
Macaroni Salad
French Fries

Snack:
Ice Cream - Vanilla

SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

Post by SoPaRider » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:53 pm

I drank the ice tea and only ate the ice cream at the end of the ride. I had no problems and I have really bad pipes, so if anyone would have gotten sick from eating something that was bad, it would have been me! That's also why I didn't eat alot of what they had to offer.

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:35 am

Food poisoning usually happens in about 24 hours after consumption. This can happen just from food being in the heat for too long (like meat should not be out for longer than 2 hours or it starts to grow bacteria....mayo and other dairy products also shouldn't be out longer). A virus incubates anywhere from 4-10 days before rearing it's ugly head.

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Just noticed this post.
OldmanX was taken out by something, same time frame as you guys.
I ate the same things he did (perhaps a little less :lol2: ) and I had no issues.
Those permament toilets were off the scale nasty, I opened the door long enough to turn around and walk away. Mother nature worked just fine for me. I would think just breathing that air could do you in.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:26 pm

I just saw this post...WOW!!! I was okay until Monday night, then the nausea/trotz kick my a$$ hourly until Tuesday evening. I missed my 1st full sick day in 34 years of work with this employer.

The funny part is that my son came home from work Tuesday around 5:30p...saw that my truck hadn't moved...came in the house and saw my keys/wallet/etc. all on the counter where they were when he left for work...came to my bedroom and saw me in bed with the sheets pulled up over my head. I had fallen asleep at 3p and had actually slept undisturbed for 2+ hours. He yelled at me and almost scared another round of the trotz out on me. I could have kicked his butt for doing that. I found out from his co-workers the next day that when he found me like that...and he's never seen me spend a sick day in bed...he thought that I was dead... He yelled to see if I was alive before pulling pack the covers to actually check. Had I known what he was doing, I might have played into it a bit.

Actually, my son missed the prior Tuesday's work with the same nausea/trotz issues. I blamed him for giving it to me. Then exactly one week later, on his college move-in day, he got another, milder round of the same thing.

I truly do not account my illness to anything that I ate.
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale