I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Pine Barrens - Who's In?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
sallydog
DAMN Expert

Re: Pine Barrens - Who's In?

Post by sallydog »

Grady wrote:The bike's a 1998 TE610. I'll give Halls a call in the morning. I have a spare set of hubs I was going to use for an SM wheel build, but wound up not useing them. I'll check the bearings in the spare hub. If it's in good shape, and comes out without damage, I might try and swap bearings for the weekend. Sallydog, let me know if you have any luck. I'm sure halls will have them, but you usually get raped on overnight shipping.
i will call central jersey cycle and see if they have what you need. they are a husky dealer. if they have it i can pick it up.
OCCR
DAMN
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.

RIDING CALENDER = https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... ssionid=OK
delusion39
DAMN Wanabe

Post by delusion39 »

Grady wrote:Unfortunately while going over the bike today, I realized my rear wheel bearings were thrashed. :rant: I doubt I'll be able to get a hold of any prior to Friday evening. So it looks like the Husky will be out of commission. :foul:

What kind of riding will we be doing? I'm considering still coming and just riding my wifes KLX.
Same thing happened to me at the Hammer run last year. Loaded the bike and noticed the rear wheel was all wobbly. Only made day 2 because of it. Good luck!
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2006 KTM 450 EXC
2007 KTM 300 XC
2013 KTM 990 Adventure Baja

Ex bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KDX 200,2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (R.I.P),2002 Suzuki DRZ 400E, 1998 Honda Interceptor.
sallydog
DAMN Expert

Post by sallydog »

sallydog wrote:
Grady wrote:The bike's a 1998 TE610. I'll give Halls a call in the morning. I have a spare set of hubs I was going to use for an SM wheel build, but wound up not useing them. I'll check the bearings in the spare hub. If it's in good shape, and comes out without damage, I might try and swap bearings for the weekend. Sallydog, let me know if you have any luck. I'm sure halls will have them, but you usually get raped on overnight shipping.
i will call central jersey cycle and see if they have what you need. they are a husky dealer. if they have it i can pick it up.

they have them in stock but $20 each for the bearings and $9 each for seals. sounds way too hi.... i called around. they are the cheapest and have all 3 in stock. call me. 732 948 4093. the dealers # is 609 758 1887 if you wanna credit card it and i will pick them up on my way out of town tomorrow.
OCCR
DAMN
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.

RIDING CALENDER = https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... ssionid=OK
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:freakey: :kumbaya: :freakey:

:whoop: :roost: :whoop:

:gdog: :hi5:

are we there yet! I'm SO psyched! :rayof:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

Kyler wrote::freakey: :kumbaya: :freakey:

:whoop: :roost: :whoop:

:gdog: :hi5:

are we there yet! I'm SO psyched! :rayof:
I'm getting ready to load the bike and pack.
AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie »

i never get ready till last minute but ill be there ...and i tried my sand riding capabilities today and wow ill be the (sand noob extraordinaire) one riding a red donkey of a bike xr650l
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

AccidentalWheelie wrote:i never get ready till last minute but ill be there ...and i tried my sand riding capabilities today and wow ill be the (sand noob extraordinaire) one riding a red donkey of a bike xr650l
no fires this time... :harhar: :thumbup:
AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie »

:nono: i still have flash backs , pun intended
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Alright! I'm back in. And I'll be on the Husky too! Bearings are in and ready to go. :cheers:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I wouldn't worry too much about being a sand noob Shane. You'll get the hang of it quick. I think the larger torqier bikes, (650's), and a little easier. At least on the wider/larger fire roads.
Big heavy bikes, are always big heavy bikes in single track...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200