Trials RR/Update

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
badguy
DAMN Expert

Re: Trials RR/Update

Post by badguy »

Awesome!

I couldn't make it up to any of the events this year, but I want to see more next year. Does anyone use non-trials bikes to compete? If it's not too bad an idea I wouldn't mind trying the crf150f on a #4 line some time...
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

badguy wrote:Awesome!

I couldn't make it up to any of the events this year, but I want to see more next year. Does anyone use non-trials bikes to compete? If it's not too bad an idea I wouldn't mind trying the crf150f on a #4 line some time...
Yes. At a few recent events, two guys have been competing on the 3 line using 250/450f bikes. They're both endurocross riders and are using trials for cross-training. The rules state that trials tires are required, but they are only running them on the rear and using regular knobs up front.

So yes, throw a trials tire on the rear of whatever you have and bring it out. The 4 line is very doable. :thumbup:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

I actually just got a set of trials tires to use for Allsports when they let the bikes run over the winter. I might have to give this a shot :brows:

Thanks for the info!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

badguy wrote:I actually just got a set of trials tires to use for Allsports when they let the bikes run over the winter. I might have to give this a shot :brows:

Thanks for the info!
I've run Allsports before on a TTR125 w/ cheap cheng shin trials tires.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

badguy wrote:I actually just got a set of trials tires to use for Allsports when they let the bikes run over the winter. I might have to give this a shot :brows:

Thanks for the info!
Mount 'em up! You can find everything you need to know here: http://www.mid-atlantictrials.com/Menu.html, or just ask. There's an event this Saturday up in Farrandsville, PA but that's a hike. The following is 10/9 in New Windsor, MD. After that is Granogue, DE on 10/23. Come on out and I think you'll have a very good time.

I have thought about doing the Allsports thing a few times. My wife's TTR is still here, so maybe this is the year.

old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap