GreenRidge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride May 6th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: GreenRidge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride May 6th

Post by Rut Row »

Grady wrote:... move back to GR and share the reunion with this event?
Hmmm... now that is an interesting thought.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Hondog! Sounds like a plan! :loveit:
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Kyler wrote:
Grady wrote:... move back to GR and share the reunion with this event?
Hmmm... now that is an interesting thought.

Yeah, why not? There is still plenty of DS riding in the area. Might have to get a group site (or two) early.
Bruce
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I am all for camping. Let's do this!
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

the drawback is some DAMN folks like to do more than ride dirt roads. I know Bill has not gotten permission for much (if any) single track. He said it was fairly mild.

food for thought.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

I ran into Bill last weekend and he was telling me about this event. He was very excited about it and as someone else mentioned, it sounds like the rangers are on board as well. I didn't realize when he was telling me about it that he was so close to being ready to go.

Cool. :thumbup:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Kyler wrote:the drawback is some DAMN folks like to do more than ride dirt roads. I know Bill has not gotten permission for much (if any) single track. He said it was fairly mild.

food for thought.
The ADV ride sounds like perfect timing to work the reunion around.
Plenty of off road events being offered for those wanting pure off road, Hatfield and the birthday ride are two on the schedule for spring. Mountain Ridge can be a group ride most any week end.
Looks like some of the guys are purchasing RAC permits for off road also.
Not much on the DAMN schedule for the big bike guys, I say you should go for it. :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

another option would be do it at Mountain Ridge as usual and those wanting to do this ride could leave early.

Personally I think it is very inconsiderate of Bill to do this without checking our schedule first! :harhar:
Ken
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Just my $.02, but I would NOT want to see the re-union combined with this event. Please do not perceive me as a hater, but personally, this event offers nothing for me. I do enjoy riding dirt roads, heck, I already have gps routes mapped out for all of Greenridge; and I enjoy riding the harder off road stuff too, I am one of the RAC guys BB referenced. And I have no problem paying to ride, nor a problem with the AMA like Dirty…

BUT, if I am going to pay to ride there has to be some reason; and the major reason typically is for access to an area that is other wise restricted. All these roads in Greenridge are public roads that we can get together ANY time and ride. If we were to hold the reunion at Greenridge (which is fine with me) I would rather it be any other weekend and every body throws the same $30 registration fee into the pot and we have one hell of a party!

Like I said, I am not a hater; I wish the organizer the best of success and tip my hat to them for the effort involved. And I realize there are plenty “hard-core” guys over on ADV who will love this organized ride; but IMHO let’s keep our thing – our thing….
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

Skinny-J wrote:BUT, if I am going to pay to ride there has to be some reason; and the major reason typically is for access to an area that is other wise restricted. All these roads in Greenridge are public roads that we can get together ANY time and ride.
I agree with this 100%, but my hope is that a good turnout may open some eyes about recreational vehicles at GR, and also help out a couple local businesses.

I too would much rather ride more technical trails like Mt Ridge or Granville's place, but I want to show my support for Bill and others who have helped him set this up. As for the ride, I believe this will end up being more about your pace than how technically you can ride through woods and over logs. Also, I have a good friend who had moved to Hawaii, but is coming back for a week around doing this event, so I don't want to miss it. It will be a lot of fun even if the route is not technical.

And I also agree this may not be the best venue for a DAMN reunion.
Last edited by RadioRyder on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S