I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Monday riding?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Monday riding?

Post by Bucho »

I know this is last minute, but if anyone has tomorrow off and wants to do a little offroading/dualsporting, then speak up.
I wanted to head out to Greenridge tomorrow, I have two people who might go, but nobody has given me a definant.

Anybody else interested?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
restukey
DAMN Expert

Re: Monday riding?

Post by restukey »

Phil,
I am on DAMNriders.org injured reserve at the moment. I broke me toe. Keep me posted in the future.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Didn't feel safe going by myself, so I went over to Ken's garage for some wrenching.

The DR now has turnsignals after going w/out them for 3-4 years, and an awesome new tool holder mounted up.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Didn't feel safe going by myself, so I went over to Ken's garage for some wrenching.

The DR now has turnsignals after going w/out them for 3-4 years, and an awesome new tool holder mounted up.
still missing a steering stem nut tho - or did JTs have one?

and that tool tube will be the envy of the DR world :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Kyler wrote:[
or did JTs have one?:
they don't stock anything for DR650's

I'm sure they have stuff for DRZs and KTM 450's
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

Any pictures of this tool tube? I've been noodling the idea on many past bikes and would love to see how you mounted it, and where you found the actual tube.

I've looked at "tractor manual holders" for such use.
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

FOX8505 wrote:Any pictures of this tool tube? I've been noodling the idea on many past bikes and would love to see how you mounted it, and where you found the actual tube.

Quoting myself here...

For what it's worth, I don't need to carry tools, rather telescopic fishing rod and small qty of tackle.

If I have a breakdown I just use the cell phone :poser:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

FOX8505 wrote:Any pictures of this tool tube? I've been noodling the idea on many past bikes and would love to see how you mounted it, and where you found the actual tube.

it is a tractor manual tube - but Bucho should post pics for DAMN admiration
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Only problem I've seen with those tractor tubes is they tend to shatter under pressure, especially when cold. Make sure it's mounted somewhere it won't take a hit when the bike is dropped or you'll be finding your tools scattered on the side of the trail.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'll put a picture up this weekend.
Yeah, Ken and I discussed the possibility of the tube getting damaged in a wreck. However, there wasn't a whole lot of good options on where to put it w/ out taking up the majority of the small rack behind the seat.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200