I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

PA Question..Anybody done Michaux to Alleghny NF NY border

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
JaxObsessed

PA Question..Anybody done Michaux to Alleghny NF NY border

Post by JaxObsessed »

I originally posted this on ADV. Then B Dirt showed up and I thought DUH... Gotta post this on DAMN.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541517

I would like to ride from the MD/PA border into Michaux and ride as little paved road as I can through central PA to the NY border in the Allegheny National Forest. Probably through Rothrock, Seeger, Bald Eagle, Sproul...etc
VERY Basic route is here: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...f98be02e04&z=7
I'm not really interested in reinventing the wheel.

I'm thinking of this trip as an exploratory trial and error kind of thing. When finished I'll post the route and a ride report. Then, if I can pull it all together, I'm thinking of trying it as an organized ride.

I'm not interested in single track or mud. I'll be riding my 450LB bike loaded with 4 days of camping stuff, and I just don't wanna work that hard. :brows: I suspect most of my route will be gravel.
Any "must see" "must ride" places in the areas I'm going through? Tips, ideas, good eats... etc?

Thanks
:freakey:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: PA Question..Anybody done Michaux to Alleghny NF NY border

Post by Bucho »

Sounds like fun. I missed out on the DAMN adventure ride you guys did over into WV.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Jax I was looking over some maps in my head last night and Im pretty sure your gonna have to do a short piece of blacktop to get to Tusc. RT 233 is a straight shot if you pick it up coming out of Michaux to Tusc, just watch your speeds threw Newville.
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

Thanks B Dirt. That's what I figured. I'm gonna take a ride up there some weekend soon to see if I can do a reasonable route through tusc. If anything occurs to you lemme know. :freakey:
Jack
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

JaxObsessed wrote:Thanks B Dirt. That's what I figured. I'm gonna take a ride up there some weekend soon to see if I can do a reasonable route through tusc. If anything occurs to you lemme know. :freakey:
Jack
Give me a shout when you're going up - I'd like to ride along maybe.
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

That sounds like a great trip, when are you thinking of doing this?
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

am a lil curious as to what you've got cooking here too. Ya know that file I sent ya? I can add to it ya know..lol the gravel / dirt roads are in abundance around there. I just tackled va. moreso in the file because pa. is well, a lil larger of a state. Keep me up on when you plan on this and in the meantime, if you want me to add and resend ya a gps file on pa. stuff let me know.
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

Charlie and Dave, I'll be giving heads up and letting people know my plans.
Did you get a bike yet Dave?

Joe,
OH HELL YES, I want whatcha got for PA!! Thanks!
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

will see what I can find in those areas tonight and tomorrow, and shoot you over a file probably tomorrow evening. ps. if you do this, you better include me. :thumbup:
webmost

Re: PA Question..Anybody done Michaux to Alleghny NF NY bord

Post by webmost »

Hey, did this ever get done?

Riding the big beemer to NY this weekend. Want to propose just such a ride to a friend up there. Did you guys scout out a route yet?