I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Guy

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
chasbo
DAMN Expert

New Guy

Post by chasbo »

Hi everyone, new guy here. My name is Chuck and I live in Hagerstown. I ride a KTM 990 and am just learning my offroad skills. I am looking forward to maybe hooking up with some other local riders.

Here is my bike up at Greenridge last year...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: New Guy

Post by Rut Row »

Welcome Chuck and about DAMN time you joined us!

Lots of new guys lately - did someone spike the water? :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

Kyler wrote:Welcome Chuck and about DAMN time you joined us!

Lots of new guys lately - did someone spike the water? :harhar:

Thanks for the welcome! I have been meaning to join for the last year, but being a lazy cuss and the type that rides more than writes....well, you know.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Welcome new guy.
Glad you're the kind who rides more then plays around on the internet bike sites. I waste way too much time checking the motorcycle sites, especially when the weather is crappy so I can live vicariously through someone else.

Is the big KaTooM the bike you are riding to learn dirt?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

Yep. The 990 is what I am learning on. I have been a mountain biker for over twenty years,so trails aren't new, just the motor on them. So far I have only done dirt roads and double track. I am leary of singletrack on such a big bike. I want to get something smaller, but that make take a bit.
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

Welcome, Smithsburg here. I believe we may have bantered back and forth a little over on ADV on the MD tag. Keep an eye on the rides section, I like to post last minute rides there...LOL
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

21783mike wrote:Welcome, Smithsburg here. I believe we may have bantered back and forth a little over on ADV on the MD tag. Keep an eye on the rides section, I like to post last minute rides there...LOL

MD tag is where that pic I posted is from. LOL I stopped playing once it turned into more of a Baltimore tag fest. Plus, not being a native Crab lander, I don't have the reference points the hometown guys have.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I agree. The tag has to be west of Baltimore for me to go for it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

chasbo wrote:Hi everyone, new guy here. My name is Chuck and I live in Hagerstown. I ride a KTM 990 and am just learning my offroad skills. I am looking forward to maybe hooking up with some other local riders.

Here is my bike up at Greenridge last year...
Welcome... and you have fine taste in bikes.... Tho you are far braver than I in trying to take it offroad on what appears to be the stock scorpions... I might venture out in the dirt on mine after Amercian Supercamp in April.. but till then I will be using my Xr for the offroad stuff and the 990 for more street adventures..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

Yeah, the plan is to wear the Scorps out and get something better. I found out today that they SUCK in ice and snow. :screwy: