I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

One step closer

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Re: One step closer

Post by the dude himself »

Congrats man!
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Great news, Dirt!

I'm also self-employed. It spoils you forever, you'll never want to go back to working for The Man. I really like the benefits, and can manage the downsides. Don't let anyone tell you there are no downsides.

I'll throw out my three pieces of advice that I give to every new business owner: first and foremost, your #1 job is no longer making widgets..... it's promoting, marketing and growing your widget making company. If you can't sell your widgets, there is no point in making widgets. Promo & sales must become the top daily or weekly line item on your "to do" list.

Second... if you're not 100% knowledgeable, capable, and comfortable keeping your books, preparing payroll, and doing your taxes, hire someone who is. Books & Taxes are someone's widget. Hire a pro, it's cheaper in the long run than a hassle with the state and the feds over fucking up your payroll taxes and property taxes. Ask me how I know that. I dare you. :censored: I have been very happy with my payroll co., and can give you a referral if you'd like. They're small-business friendly, unlike the national chains.

Third... incorporate. It only takes one litigious jackass to steal or squander a whole year's income by dragging you into court. If you are incorporated, your personal assets are somewhat protected. It's sort of like insurance, and it makes the taxes (and deductible expenses) easier, too, although you'll pay more to have them done.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Brian, stop over for a beer....we should talk.
And yes I agree 100% you should make a go of it. :cheers:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Good deal Brian. :thumbup:

I had some experience with the one man, one garage bidness. If ya need some more advice, give me a yell.
LLC and bidness cards :deal:
Oh and Quickbooks.

Can I be the first to open an in-store credit account? :lol2:

Will ya take a check? :ride:
Bruce
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Good for you B. You know you have all your DAMN friends behind you. :thumbup:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Thanks guys I really appreciate all the advice and support :cheers: It will be some time before the doors open but I see a crack with light coming threw :thumbup:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

B DIRT wrote:Thanks guys I really appreciate all the advice and support :cheers: It will be some time before the doors open but I see a crack with light coming threw :thumbup:
:lol2:

That might be the hole in yer head

:peep:

-through-

:amazon:
Bruce