I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Inner tube review thread

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
dmar
DAMN Wanabe

Inner tube review thread

Post by dmar »

Getting new tires for the 06 klx250s and want to get new heavy duty tubes. Any input or opinions on what tubes you guys have used and liked.
06 klx250s(300)
04 fz6 sport tour
Roadracer_Al

Re: Inner tube review thread

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I've used the IRC Ultra-Heavy Duty tubes, and I will say that if you pinch it under your bead lock, and inflate it, it will rip. Like a 4" long rip that can't be patched. In a never-used tube. The upside is that they make AWESOME rubber bands.

All kidding aside, I think normal Heavy Duty is fine - the UHD tubes will almost stand up in a corner on their own. I've used IRC and Bridgestone, both perfom adequately.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I've been using the Michelin Airstop UHD tubes. No complaints so far except they ain't cheap!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Kenda, Michelin and IRC. I run them in the KLR and the DR. No worries.
Bruce
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

Bridestone makes a very thick tube. Ask for the heavy duty one.. forget what it was called. Costs around $20-25. Well worth the money. I think it's the thickest available.
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

i agree on the regular heavy duty opposed to the ultra heavy duty they have too much rubber in them.

I forget which but the Moose Tube and/or the MSR heavy duty tube is a michelin or other brand name in their packaging, usually for cheaper.
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

I run ultra heavy duty tubes because I like pressures below 13psi and I'm usually busy fixing someone elses flat I dont need my own :thumbup:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Louge

Post by Louge »

I'm running Bridgestone UHDs in the 950 and 510. Zero flats in 35K miles between 'em.

I'm looking forward to installing TuBliss on the Husqy or better yet slash some real weight by getting a 2-smoker from Harold out at Ridersville. Rumour has it Husqy is releasing a direct injection 2 smoker in 2011 or 12 depending on the publication you're reading. Hmm ...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Louge wrote:Rumour has it Husqy is releasing a direct injection 2 smoker in 2011 or 12 depending on the publication you're reading. Hmm ...
wow - I've been waiting for this to come out - they have been making it for small displacement motors for a while.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Louge

Post by Louge »

Kyler wrote:
Louge wrote:Rumour has it Husqy is releasing a direct injection 2 smoker in 2011 or 12 depending on the publication you're reading. Hmm ...
wow - I've been waiting for this to come out - they have been making it for small displacement motors for a while.
One of the problems Bimota had with the V-Due was high RPM pintle float. They couldn't get the larger pintles to open and close fast enough to support the 500cc motor. Not sure how the problem has been addressed but look forward to the end result.