I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Saturday April 10th - DS Ride in Fredneck County

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
code
DAMN Poohba

Re: Saturday April 10th - DS Ride in Fredneck County

Post by code »

Had an awesome time today you guys. Am glad that I pushed on when my bike decided not too cause I didn't give it enough gas to get to JT's :harhar: Yeah yeah yeah. I know, I've had my share of ordeals with this thing.. the gas or lack of, was definitely my fault. :dry: Kicking the bike today went far better then I expected. No difficulty kicking it over and it started right up pretty quick :ride:
Fantastic ride planned by ken. I really wasn't sure looking at the route ahead that it would involve nearly the amount nor cool dirt / gravel roads that it did. Seriously impressed. :thumbup: Jt's did an awesome job setting up the place for us, donuts, coffee and topping it off with a discount! :thumbup:

Think our group led by the "noob" of leaders, John, did an excellent pace and fantastic job. Probably would've hit hawbottom a little faster :whoop: had I not had someone on a ktm wash out in front of me though :amazon: Overall, another excellent ride :ride: , excellent food :eats: and more then great people :hi5: :cheers: :thumbup: . I don't expect anything less of a DAMN ride with ya'll. :thumbup:

Great seein' the familiar faces from last year and seeing / meeting the new faces. Tried hard to talk to everyone, just not enough time. We'll have to do another one sometime soon.

I suck at names, but I wanted to say thanks again for help attaching my roll chart and also thanks for the tail light!!! That freakin' rocks. Am playin' with the kid after I write this, but the light is goin' on tomorrow for sure! Ya'll rock, but that's not a surprise :thumbup: :cheers: :thumbup:

More pics and I expect some video footage from shane.
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Thanks for setting this up Ken :thumbup: Thanks to JT also, the coffee and donuts (and discount offer) was a nice touch.

I took a couple pictures, but they turned out like crap :lol2: Doesn't matter, I had a great time. Chris (dark green KLR) didn't make it for the morning ride, so I rode the same route backwards with him after lunch...good stuff.

Great meeting all the folks I haven't met before and hope to see you out there again.
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

I enjoyed the ride as well. When I arrived home in Western Maryland I found a nail in my rear tire, not flat. I'm not certain but I think I picked it up at the water crossing when I was dodging a bike part by the tree. :shrug: Patrick said he thought it had a BMW emblem on it. :amazon:

It was nice metting new folks. Looking forward the the Reunion. See ya all there.
dc_Minnesota

Post by dc_Minnesota »

Had a great time too. Thanks Ken for putting this together.
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

I had a great time. Thank you Ken for setting this all up!!!!! :thumbup: Great job. I think it was a good warm up for the camp out. Can`t wait for more. It`s nice to have some new poeple to ride with.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
TheAntiCrash

Post by TheAntiCrash »

Thanks Ken:

For a great DAMN ride today, and of course a parking pass in your driveway!!

I was re aquainted with areas that was frequent stompimg grounds a few years ago.

I'm looking forward to GR re-union

also thanks to JT's for sugar and coffee fix pre-ride
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

Great ride today Ken, thanks! It felt great to get the new bike working and get back into the groove a little. If only I didn't have to work this afternoon, I would have loved to stay out riding.
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie »

+1 Ken for creating
+1 JT's for coffee/donut/15% off
+1 Main Cup for Beer n crabcake sandwhich
+1 30ish DAMNriders showing up
Its a Good thing i remember to to stuff like .....turning off the gopro from the gas station on york road, and having good batteries for most of the ride ...i did switch batteries and catch some footage, missed that good rocky/muddy one though

uploading 97%.....
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

I also had a great time.Ken thank you very much for putting this together.When you see Jim from jtsplease let him know we as a group Thank him as well for letting us stage there and for the coffee and donuts.The main cup was also great good food and it was nice to talk to everyone.Myself Dan and Dawn are planning a return trip soon so Dawn can ride the route then we are going to do some exploring.

Thanks to all you DAMN guys and gals ill see you all at greenridge. :thumbup: :loveit:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Ken, thanks for setting up the roll chart too :thumbup:

I forgot about this, but when Chris and I were running the route the second time, we came across a couple of girls in a Pontiac Grand Am driving just after we got to the interesting part of Hawbottom :screwy: ...they were going slow and waved us by and we thought maybe they were lost and they'd turn around at the bigger rocks. We stopped at the Orioles Club at the bottom to decide if he was following me on the way home or slabbing it, and they drove by and waved as we were sitting there looking at a map...I guess they knew what they were doing :lol2: