I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Saturday April 10th - DS Ride in Fredneck County

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Louge

Re: Saturday April 10th - DS Ride in Fredneck County

Post by Louge »

the dude himself wrote:What a DAMN good time!! The group I was in (led by Jed) took a cool detour right off the bat. Stopped for someone's lost tool kit, joined a different group, and had a great lunch. BTW - who's the rider with a hi-viz vest and white hand-guards I saw around 3:45 on Clarksburg Rd crossing Little Seneca Lake? Local? PM me.

I'll have to work on linking up a similar ride in Montgomery County.

PS: Awesome jerseys! Can't wait till it's warm enough to flood the streets with DAMN # 1's. Should be comedic.
Ken / Phil: Thanks for putting together a seamless ride, I had a blast. Perhaps it could become a monthly ride.
Mike: Thanks for picking up my tool bag.
Jed: Nice pace after Bill bolted. Post a lil more often m'kay so we know yer not pushin' up tulips. :beathorse:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Louge wrote:[Ken / Phil: Thanks for putting together a seamless ride, I had a blast. Perhaps it could become a monthly ride.
I don't know about a monthly thing, but we are already working on the next one. Probably a longer whole day ride from JT's up to Michaux and back.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

Great time Ken, thanks to you and all you DAMN riders.
Great to meet those I did, and see those I know, and put faces to screen names. :cheers:
I'm sorry that there were folks there I didn't get a chance to talk to, and didnt' get to know at all. Hell I wanted to meet Tymarp and didn't even know he was there until I saw his post.! :dirtdog:

I counted 24 bikes in the main cup parking lot, and I think that was before Bucho's group arrived.

Joe and Kath, sorry for leaving you so abruptly on the ride home, I was heading further east before I went south, and got to ride with some guys I didn't get a chance to meet earlier in the day.:thumbup:
Next.

2 pix

B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

man it looked like you guys really had a good time, something came up last minute and I couldn't make it but Im hoping to get to use my roll chart holder at the Michaux enduro :thumbup: again it looks like it was a kick ass ride :cheers:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
John Go

Post by John Go »

It was great to meet everyone and try to place some faces to names :thumbup:
It's been many years since I've done a group ride, and I found myself leading a group of very patient souls..
I took a couple of pics and they are over on Flickr. Feel free to add a who's who to them.

JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

Thanks For all the pix John. Some good stuff in there. I am the big guy in blue on the black F650GS.
You don't have to apologize for your leadership. I like smell the roses rides. It's a really beautiful area, and that's why I went for the ride. :thumbup: I had a couple of chances to get the blood pumping a bit too. I found myself going over 50 into some of that fresh gravel adrenalin pumping goodness.

John Go wrote:It was great to meet everyone and try to place some faces to names :thumbup:
It's been many years since I've done a group ride, and I found myself leading a group of very patient souls..
I took a couple of pics and they are over on Flickr. Feel free to add a who's who to them.

code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

I believe there were more then one or two sections that we were moving at a decent clip of 40-50mph. I told Kath that I was amazed to see her going that fast on some of the portions that we hit that pace at (aka. the fresh gravel). She said she didn't get a chance to look down at the speedo, haha..wonder why. For obvious reasons we didn't hit that back on hawbottom..but there will be other times I'll be up there to get that chance :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: Overall, I think we were movin' a lil above "a smell the roses" clip...every ride you'll have a few sections of that though.

I don't think we hit above 40mph on the 777 ride last year to be quite honest unless we were on pavement.
John Go

Post by John Go »

Here is our route.

All that fun so close to home.
Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Thanks for posting the route! I'll be up there backtracking when I get a chance...it all went by so fast, I usually had no idea where we were...just following the pack at our "faster than smelling the roses" pace.

Cheers,
Carl
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thanks all you guys who posted/linked pictures.
Especially JohnGo, I think you had about 150 pics on there! Looks like that was a pretty big group you photographed hitting the fjord.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200