I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BMW G650GS Farkle update

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
FOX8505

BMW G650GS Farkle update

Post by FOX8505 »

I have added the Ram mount for the Garmin GPS, and the Ipod touch.

All of the following are still not road tested! :wallbash:

-Ram GPS
-Ram Ipod touch
-Ztechnik Windshield
-Throttle lock (cruise control) ($2.50 for a heavy guage rubber band. and it actually does hold the throttle)
-Air hawk seat cusion

Between new job, weather, upcoming wedding, new Bordie Collie Pup, teetering a possible relocation, and other misc. issues, I just haven't had a second to ride. I literally haven't riden since December and i'm starting to get really upset!

Saturday's weather looks good and my schdule is open. I shall run all my errands for the day on the BMW and I'll report the road worthyness of the above. Plan is to field test and then extend the onboard poweroutlets to run my electronics.

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: BMW G650GS Farkle update

Post by Bucho »

Don't feel too bad. This winter has been pretty rough. Today was the first day I've had my street bike out since New Years.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

:lurker:
Sorry about the not riding. Sometimes we have a perfect storm that stops me. Between maintenance and the holidays /////...... etcc....... I had the same gas in my bike from the beginning of December to MLK weekend in Jan. That was a good weekend for busting the winter blues!! 500 miles felt GREAT!!
Good luck getting that beauty back on the road, and let us know how the new farkles work.
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

Okay 100 mile ride today to test out a bunch of gear, here is what i've found.

Windsheild, Ztechnik V-stream- outstanding wind protection, and zero helmet buffeting. Had some minor movement and or vibration but over all I'm very pleased and plan to use it for many miles.

Mirror relocation brakets, Ztechnik- these are simply steel painted brakets that move the stock mirror several inchs further out and give me a unobstructed view past your shoulders. Nice, strong, and easy install. Little pricy at $55 but work well.

Airhawk seat cusion- Cost was a bit high at $160 but after a few hours of slab I was still quite comfortable. I could not say that for the stock seat. I won't know for sure until I put several hundred miles on it in one sitting, but highly recommended for anyone with comfort issues. Airhawk claims you can double your ride time. I see that being very easy to do.

Throttle lock/Cruise Control- Okay, this is really just a super thick rubber band that slides over the bar end and presses agains the throttle, but it does exactally what it's supposed to do. I admit i've never used a throttle lock and it took some getting used to but I can see this being quite nice on a long strech of highway. Ebay, $2.50 shipped! Can't go wrong. (sorry no pics)

Ram mount for GPS and Ipod touch- I've seen many equipment holders like RAM before, some nicer some pure junk. I belive the RAM mount to be perfect for the money, it cost near $50 shipped to your door and is plenty strong. Strong enough I can turn the handle bars with it.

Side notes/thoughts. I've never listen to music before on a motorcycle. I've logged mile over mile and just never really had the need for it but now that I ride alone and for such further distances it just seems natural. Having the Ipod mounted on the handle bar where you can pause or turn down the volume is key, and it makes me feel much more comfortable knowing I can turn it off quickly if I need to hear the road, bike, or surroundings. I didn't go anywhere fun today, just got out for a few hours and I hope everyone got a chance to soak up this beautiful pre-spring weather.

Cheers -Fox

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

looking forward to seeing this baby ad a DAMN DS ride!

looking nice! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris