I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade Mountain 3/21

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Shade Mountain 3/21

Post by Boom Boom »

Anyone interested in getting a ride in????????
Come on out to Shade Mountain Sunday March 21st.
Snow should be gone by then.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Shade Mountain 3/21

Post by Grady »

I wish I could go, Shade mountain was great. Anyone who's never been should definitely go. It would be difficult to navigate without a guide, and Boom Boom was a great guide at Shade. You don't have to worry about mud from the melted snow either. I don't even think I saw any dirt last time I was there, it's all rock. :brows:

Not really a place for beginners though. Well at least not some of trails he took me on last time.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Grady wrote:I wish I could go, Shade mountain was great. Anyone who's never been should definitely go. It would be difficult to navigate without a guide, and Boom Boom was a great guide at Shade. You don't have to worry about mud from the melted snow either. I don't even think I saw any dirt last time I was there, it's all rock. :brows:

Not really a place for beginners though. Well at least not some of trails he took me on last time.
that puts me out - my memory of Tasker's Gap hasn't dulled enough yet to do a rock ride again. :screwy:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Boom I'm in so dont let me forget :thumbup:

Go Pro :bandit:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

A bunch of guys are heading up for that weekend. I was just talking to Tommy D about going. Looks like it will be a fun weekend.
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Ken, the north side of the mountain is not very rocky. Mostly just good tight single track cut through the trees. A good enduro practice loop. The south side of the mountain is where the harder rocky trails are. With a plated bike you can just ride the dirt road across the top of the mountain back to the parking area and not ride the south side. OldmanX - Grady - Bdirt can back me up on that.
You can make the ride as hard as you want or keep it at average dual sport level.
Brian, I will throw out a PM later next week to remind you.
Grady, with that auto clutch those harder trails will be no problem.
Guys just remember this is cycle only, no quads are allowed at Shade :loveit:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Boom Boom wrote:Grady, with that auto clutch those harder trails will be no problem.
The only part that stands out in my head was the first rock climb we did (the one I needed help getting up). I was still learning the new bike and that kicked my ass. After that though, everything seemed easier. I guess the fast flowing sections were on the top side (after we crossed the road), they were fun too, and less rocky. I'd like to get back there once I can walk again.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Kyler wrote:[that puts me out - my memory of Tasker's Gap hasn't dulled enough yet to do a rock ride again. :screwy:

Come on Ken. YOU are the one who wants to be a proficient rider. Get out there and practice!!

(I'm also doing a Tasker's Gap ride btw...)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Come on Ken. YOU are the one who wants to be a proficient rider. Get out there and practice!!
hey - whose friend are you anyway! :harhar:

I'll talk to Momma... the DAMN Birthday Party ride at Granville's is the weekend after. I'm thinking that might be canceled due to remaining snow and sloppy conditions.

What do you think they'd say about the Wasp? legally it is a motorcycle. :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I think the wasp would only fit on the road. Because it's bikes only, the trails stay narrow :thumbup: