I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

anyone around tomorrow to do some wrenching?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
FourStroke

Re: anyone around tomorrow to do some wrenching?

Post by FourStroke »

TheAntiCrash wrote:Tire changing video is the one where mechanic repeats " if you working to hard your doing it wrong"

or equivalant CRAP.

The tip I do use now is "windex" for "lube"

"fronts" not to bad, but some "rears" are just not user friendly IE Dunlop D606's
It's not "crap". The guy does make it look rediculously easy. Warming up the tires is a major key. We set our next to a woodstove in the winter & lay them out in the sun for a few hours in the summer. I've worn out many sets of 606's commuting to Wilmington, DE. The baby power is messy, but works well.
skierd
DAMN Expert

Re: anyone around tomorrow to do some wrenching?

Post by skierd »

yeah, I never struggled with getting the tires on the rim, i just couldn't stop poking holes in the tubes. :dry: the front D606 was significantly harder to mount than the MT43 though, I almost didn't need irons for that one until the very end.

Also lowered the rear end using the factory adjustments, greased the suspension linkage, and installed the bling GYTR disk guards and chain guards while I was there. :thumbup:
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change