I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dirt Road Ride (Watershed and Michaux)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Dirt Road Ride (Watershed and Michaux)

Post by Bucho »

I had a great ride today. I didn't post the ride, it was put together at the last minute.
Wingfixer and I met up w/ Max in Frederick for a dualsport day. With Max leading on his big GS, we set off to the Frederick Watershed. I've ridden there alot, and I've never seen the Watershed dirtroads so rough.
I stopped at one of the washouts and took a few pics.
Here is Wingfixer on the DRZ

And Max on the big BMW
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Dirt Road Ride (Watershed and Michaux)

Post by Bucho »

And then we made out way up North into PA and headed into the Michaux.

There were some nice views.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

We found a section w/ a good bit of snow. I'm not sure what is up w/ this pickup truck. It doesn't seem to be parked, got stuck in the snow and abandoned? Anyway, we were able to get around it.

Look at snowy roost!!!

Here is some video. Sorry, I should probably edit this, but I don't know how.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

We took a short break at this little lake. I still don't know where this is, I'll let one of the other guys give a little more info on it. I was just along for the ride.

These are really some nice and fun (easy), dirt roads. Our next DAMN DS ride should come up through here.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

On our way back we hit the last section of the Frederick Watershed we missed on our way up.
I stopped and took a video.

Here is Wingfixer.

And here we have MightyMax. He led a good ride all day, made it through some tough snow and muddy sections, but here he had a little misstep...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Looks like you guys had a nice ride :thumbup:
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

[quote="Bucho"]We took a short break at this little lake. I still don't know where this is, I'll let one of the other guys give a little more info on it. I was just along for the ride.

Great ride today! This is Long Pine Reservoir in Michaux.
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

And here we have MightyMax. He led a good ride all day, made it through some tough snow and muddy sections, but here he had a little misstep...
Image[/quote]

LMAO. I've gone through this creek so many freakin times no problem...today there is a camera on me...BAM! :foul:

Another foot to the right I would have kissed the tree. :knary:
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Great ride with Bucho and Wingfixer. Picture perfect weather and overall the roads were in good shape with a few sloppy areas here and there.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

We rode for a good 5 hours with the plan to do the watershed crossing to cap the ride.

Well, we see how that ended for me. :gdog:

About 500 feet or so before the crossing I thought the bike felt a little wobbly. After my failed crossing Bucho and Wingfixer helped me pull the fat GS out of the weeds only to noticed my rear tire was flat. I now suspect I tried to cross the creek with a flat.

There was rock embedded into the tread of the TKC. :huh:

Tried a plug but the hole was too big. Fortunately we were close to where Bucho lived so he drove and got his truck. Thanks for the lift Bucho, I'd probably still be there if it weren't for you.