I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Motocove / April 11th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Motocove / April 11th

Post by Boom Boom »

Anyone interested in riding some good rocky mountain trails and single track, I will be at the Cove Campground this Sunday around 9:30 with a few other riders.
Not the best place for beginers, but good fun for anyone that enjoys a little challange in the ride.
http://www.covecampground.com and click on the motocove link at the bottom of the page or try http://www.motocove.com for directions and details.
Anyone looking for some "hero riding", I can probably find the trail known as "the two miles of hell" :roost:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Motocove / April 11th

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:good rocky mountain trails
I do believe that is an oxymoron? :eyes:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

http://gallery.me.com/lpresgrave#100452

Ken, get yourself hooked up with a A/C and you will be looking to ride stuff like this all the time.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

:lurker:
I went there once,Makes for a good hard core ride. I`d go back with a lighter bike.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Not 650 friendly for sure.
Some rock crawlers were out having some fun yesterday.
It was just us (4) bikes, we owned the place. Well a couple dumbasses on quads riding around the parking area dusting everyones ride :nono:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

i'm thinking of going up on saturday, how does it compare to taskers?
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I have never ridden Taskers before so I can not give an honest evaluation. My guess is The Cove is probably more challanging. What will you be riding?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

From the video - Taskers is more tame. I've ridden Taskers on a R1100GS, and I've seen a R1200GS go through the rougher stuff with some skill. I wouldn't want to try the route shown in the video on a mountain bike, let alone a dirt bike.
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

theres a vholdr button but i can't figure how to embed a vholder vid but

here's one from last weekend on the most flowing taskers trail:

http://vholdr.com/video/taskers-chasing ... mber-trail

i'm on the old 300 , i'd love to see and try your beemer offroad, i rode a dl1000 briefly offroad :rickey:

if anyone wants to join in at motocove, i can bring an extra bike or two if its too gnarly for ds bikes, bucho can verify that my stuff isn't pretty but is usually functional.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

the dude himself wrote:From the video - Taskers is more tame. I've ridden Taskers on a R1100GS, and I've seen a R1200GS go through the rougher stuff with some skill. I wouldn't want to try the route shown in the video on a mountain bike, let alone a dirt bike.
I'll admit my view of of Taskers is a bit jaded, but I'm having a really hard time picturing someone riding a GS on the route RRob took us. :eyes:

I should have my Rekluse installed soon and my memory of Taskers has faded enough that (am I really typing this?) I'm willing to try it again. :peep:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris