I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New ride!

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Maximus

New ride!

Post by Maximus »

UPDATE! Picked this up yesterday.
Took a quick spin around the watershed this evening...I'm liking this! :ride:

Feels like I need to stiffen up the springs for a heavier rider...me.
Any suggestions on mods? Suspension? Jetkits? etc...

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: New ride!

Post by Grady »

:thumbup:
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Nice buy Max. :thumbup: . I lovedmy drz when i had it.These bikes benift greatly from jetting and the 3x3 mod to the air box. I am also a big guy at 260 and never had the suspension done but from what i have read its a big improvment. Congrats :ride:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

very nice! I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions - mdubya has farkled the crap out of his!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Looks good Max. I see some fun dualsport rides in the future.

Too bad its raining tomorrow...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Yeah, I'm excited to get out for some rides! I'm a newbie to this bike though. Need to do get up to speed on basic maintenance, adjustments, fargles, etc.

So far it looks like the first thing I need to do is get new springs to better handle my weight. Been doing some reading and changing out springs might be, ah, interesting. I imagine nuts and springs ricocheting off the walls.
Then the 3x3 airbox mod, Dynojet kit and some armor. :whoop:
brownwhale

Post by brownwhale »

there's a ton that can be done with that bike very easily, just matters on how much you want to spend, but the basic 3x3, jetting, and springs are a great place to start, also of course a set of sumo wheels
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Thumpertalk has a very active DRZ forum.

Eddie Sisneros is pretty much The Guy over there, his advice is pretty much 100% solid.

IMHO, suspension is the #1 thing to do on any bike, since this affects every aspect of riding, and it's not expensive to put the correct rate springs in, at the very least. Changing the damping is more costly, but is quite beneficial.

If you want more power, an FCR39mx and a SSW/MRW pipe are excellent choices with good results for the money, although the SSW pipe is known to be loud.

Also, if you plan to run hard off-road, a steering damper is a fine addition.
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Yeah, been spending a lot of time on Thumpertalk. Oh, the possibilities. :brows:
Thanks for the advice and insights! I need all I can get.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Maximus wrote:Yeah, I'm excited to get out for some rides! I'm a newbie to this bike though. Need to do get up to speed on basic maintenance, adjustments, fargles, etc.
Its a great bike, I love mine, and there are a ton of things you can do to make it better but the most important thing to know about how to best treat it? Gas and go! :roost:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.