I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Keychain Video Camera

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Keychain Video Camera

Post by Firebolter » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:40 pm

One of my buds from another board purchased a "808 Key Chain Camera" from ebay, from a guy in Honk Kong. I went to you tube and looked at quite a few of these. It records video (up to 4GB) in .AVI format in a 720x480 30fps. The device also takes .jpg still's. It has a Micro SD card slot (up to 16gb) and a mini USB connector to charge it from the computer and copy the files from the vids/stills. It mounts just like a memory disk.

It was 18.50 delivered and I got it from HK in less than 2 weeks as advertised. ***Youhave to provide your own Micro SD card to use it!!!****

Open the box, charged it up. Set the date and time (you do that via a .txt file you copy into the root and then turn off then back on) and recorded some test video. I mean for 18 bucks, this will be great for off roading stuff and goofing off. With a 16G card, it will hold quite a bit of video. On a full charge, it supposedly last for anywhere between 50-70 minutes of video.

This website covers all of these in detail and has alot of good info
http://chucklohr.com/808/#lens

If you want to know the vendor I got it from on eBay, just pm me, didn't want to make it a advertisement or nothin.

Picture of the unit itself. Small about 2 in x 1.2 in x 3/8 in

Picture i took with avail light

Test Video I shot
[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
Lots of cool bikes---