I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Husqvarana chain guard

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
waserman
DAMN Expert

Re: Husqvarana chain guard

Post by waserman »

This was the 1st time I had bought a bike from them.I had talked to them in the past as they sell a lot of bikes to guys from the ECEA and usually go to our end of year awards banquet.The deal on the bike was a good deal,and they had the bike that I was looking for. I had talked with both Chris and Scott in the past and felt I was making the right decision to drive and buy a bike from TOY Tech.Well looks like the after sale sucks.Still waiting to hear from HNA.
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

:loveit: I just got off the phone with the dealership FBF and they are doing the whole 9 yards,I am so glad that I called FBF and asked them to help me.Talk about a dealer ship going out of their way to help someone.That is differance between a great dealership and one that sells the brand you are looking for,the extra mile after the sale. :cheers: Thank you Fast By Ferracci and especially Anthony :rayof:
John

DER ECEA AMA

Husqvarna TE 510
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

And as an added bonus I'm going for the high compression piston kit just for a little extra 510 boost,you can never have too much
John

DER ECEA AMA

Husqvarna TE 510
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Glad to hear it. So when do you expect to be back on it again?
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

:cheers: Me thinks he said about 2 weeks depending on when the parts come in,he'll order them next week.The service manager says look if there is anything you want done in the motor let me know no charge for labor I'm going to be in there anyhow.So I figured what the hell throw in the high compression piston and dyno the thing if you have to tune it,engine/fuel injection mapping,he says why not do the power comander while we run to tune.The bike has more power than I need already,lets face it I'm going to have to use a little self control with the throttle anyhow.I'm going for the Zipty racing countershaft guard,even though he says they agreed the case was defective,I don't want to chance it happening again.I'm hoping the end of the month.I found a set of sumo wheels for it,but I decided to just buy a Cherry 06 625SMC,looking for a good home in storage since 07,instead of just the wheels.I had the cash in hand from the sale of the 300EXC,and couldn't control myself most impulsive buy to date.I don't have pictures yet but I'll post them when I do. What a friggin blast this thing is to ride,good thing I had it before the huskey broke I would have been shit out of luck and down to 1 bike to ride,now we can't have that.I probabally would have bought that Aprilla that was for sale on here if I had heard back from the guy before I saw the KTM.I just gpot back from an 80 mile or so ride on the sumo,a little C&D canal thrown in for good measure.I'm rambiling :cheers:
John

DER ECEA AMA

Husqvarna TE 510
Louge

Post by Louge »

Glad to hear FbF is sorting you out, the 510 won't disappoint!

I dropped by my local St*rbucks one fine Sunday last year in T-shirt, shorts and tennies. I soon found myself on an MAD ride. The Ducatis had lots of pristine carbon fiber and titanium, I had a filthy 510. The club president wasn't enamored when I passed him on knobs while he was down on a puck. :lol2:
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

Took some pics of the SumoImage,Image,Image,Image,Image
As you can see by the one photo the former owner thought it might make a good touring bike,and set it up for overnight trips.
John

DER ECEA AMA

Husqvarna TE 510
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

:thumbup:
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Sweet. :thumbup:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

OK I talked with the dealer today,and he ordered my parts today not like 2 weeks ago.As it turns out the original warranty claim only gave them a half hour to tear the motor down and rebuild it.DUHHH so they had to submit an entire new claim and it had to be reviewed again.They are very slow to approve warranty issues,BUT it has been done.I hope to have it back in 2 weeks,not going to make the dirty daubbers dabbers what ever,poop.I think I'm going to ride my street bike up there next Friday and hang out for a couple days of :bull: .I was supposed to going with the huskey,oh well.
John

DER ECEA AMA

Husqvarna TE 510