I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Husqvarana chain guard

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
waserman
DAMN Expert

Husqvarana chain guard

Post by waserman »

I would like to say to anyone that has an newer TE model to give serious consideration to throwing out the case saver/chain guard.I was in the process of breaking mine in a few weeks ago,and had this happen.I was driving down a dirt road,open to the public and heard a sound that sounded like a peeble or small stone striking the exhaust or skid plate(chink)and when I came to next turn the clutch wouldn't disengage.I stop get off the bike and look at the slave cylinder area and WTF,the guard is gone and the slave cylinder is all gouged.The bike has 52 miles on it now as it sits in the shop,not the one where I purchased it they wouldn't even look at it.The bike is supposed to be under warranty for 6 months.I was told that it was my fault,for driving down a public road,whattttt!The casting looks like a POS,like something off an old vacumn cleaner that broke.So I say to the dealer why didn't you tell me to remove this POS guard before I rode the bike?I would have gladly purchased one of the many available from 7602,zipty racing,motosportz ect. to avoid such a failure on a public road,are you kidding me aren't these dirt bikes.His response we can't because of liability issues.take the stock guard off the bike,this happened on a dirt road,could have been on a blacktopped streetWell it's been sitting in another dealership for 2 weeks now waiting for HNA to make a decission on weather to warranty it or not.I sold my orange and now I'm thinking it was a mistake.I just want to let others know what could happen if left on the bike.Image,Image,Image
Last edited by waserman on Fri May 14, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Husqvarana chain guard

Post by Grady »

That sucks! Did the mounts actually break off the engine case? If so, I'd say thats definitely a defect on Husky's end. Even with a aftermarket guard, It probably would have still happened if it shared the same mounts. Mines an 06', but I'll be taking a look at it after seeing this. :fitz:
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

Yes they broke off the engine case,no holes through the case though just trashed the clutch slave cylinder on the way by.I acn't believe that they are even contemplating not fixing it,there is no damage to the chain guide case saver(metal piece or plastic guard) or anywhere else on the bikeI never even dropped it or had a chance to get into the throttle.I was driving on public roads,just trying to do 3-4 hours of easy break-in.I had already done the heat cycle/gradual bringing up the rpm cool down thing and changed the oil/filter and cleaned the screens.I am so bummed the bike fit me like a glove and what little bit I rode it I was loving it.The suspension had stiffer springs already mounted up and I was hoping to do the Pa dualsport coming up.The dealer that has it said he was hopinh that they would at least "good will"the parts.The major expense is going to be labor as this is the left side of the engine case,total tear down at 52 miles.I was told to turn it into my insurance company,as a comprehensive claim.What the hell is the warranty for,I can see it now you were riding this bike on a dirt road,your fault.I am hoping to hear something this week.I will say that the dealership I have the bike at is not where I bought it and that I'm very grateful that they are trying to help me.I used to buy the parts for the 610 from them so I have dealt with them in the past. :foul:
John

DER ECEA AMA

Husqvarna TE 510
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

That is :bull: , Husky flooded the market with some great deals now they better stand behind this kind of issue.
Are you a member on Cafe Husky, if not, register and post your story.
Many members from all over might give you a direct email or phone number to call to get the ball rolling.
Thumper Talk also has a good Husky forum.
Do you mind saying where you got the bike that gave you the brush off and where you have it at now for repair?
The net is a powerful tool, use it to get some action.
Sorry about your problems, overall I think they are a good bike. But anything is only as good as how it is supported.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Louge

Post by Louge »

I replaced my case saver early on and haven't had any issues. At 52 miles I'd surely expect your dealer to stand behind the product.

Scot Harden has been active on Cafe Husky in the last week answering questions about the new Husky 450. Suggest posting there.
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

I posted on that forum 3 days after it happened in the Husqvarna bikes discussion "common topics and 4 stroke" to tell all that read it to take off the stock guard,and the reason why they needed to remove it.The dealership that told me that they would not even consider repairing it,no need to bring it in to even look at it TOY TECH which is where I purchased the bike.1 of the things that make this brand attractive for purchase is the fact that there is some kind of warranty offered,even if it is only 6 months.The bike has been sitting in another dealership for 2 weeks waiting for HNA to make a determination on honoring the warranty.I guess they have a lot of warranty claims to review,still hoping for them to do the right thing.
John

DER ECEA AMA

Husqvarna TE 510
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Did you talk with Scott or Chris???
That just does not sound like Scott to blow you off.
Again, sorry for all your troubles.....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

I talked with Chris first and then Scott.Scott told me that there was no way they would warranty that,and then told me to turn it in to my insurance company.He also said that they would order any parts that I needed,but that there was no sense in bringing up the bike because they wouldn't cover it under warranty.
John

DER ECEA AMA

Husqvarna TE 510
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

:bandit:
Last edited by B DIRT on Mon May 10, 2010 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

waserman wrote:I talked with Chris first and then Scott.Scott told me that there was no way they would warranty that,and then told me to turn it in to my insurance company.He also said that they would order any parts that I needed,but that there was no sense in bringing up the bike because they wouldn't cover it under warranty.
Not many places left that I had faith in the dealer taking care of the rider, but Toy Tech is the one place that I would drive the extra distance to spend my $$$.
They have always treated me well, however I have only purchased parts and such from them.
Keep us posted on how HNA treats your claim.
DAMN shame for a bike of any age, but that new..I would be spitting nails. :rant:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr