Oil consumption post rebuild question

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Roadracer_Al

Re: Oil consumption post rebuild question

Post by Roadracer_Al » Wed May 28, 2008 2:37 pm

LOL... I'll be happy to install it for you, but tuning, you're best off running it on a dyno that's equipped with a "tailpipe sniffer"... yeah, sounds dirty to me, too.

I can get it "close" but to get it "right", nothing beats an hour of dyno time. There are a couple around, and everyone seems to have a friend of a friend of a friend with one. A friend of mine, also a former racer, had a very nice experience with Shawn Sweeny of Cycle Connection in Buckystown (which is east of Damascus, an easy commute for you) 301-874-1168. I intend to take my DRZ up there someday soon.

a

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:44 pm

Al - between races this weekend, we need to talk. I used 2 quarts of oil over my 1,000 mile trip. :dirtdog:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:08 pm

The leak down test showed that one of the valve stem seals was bad. The rings are just fine. I should have the Pig back this weekend! 'course, I'm gonna be riding the 450 for a while :loveit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:23 pm

I'm gonna be riding the 450 for a while
That is truly the best top end fix you could have made. :lol2:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC