I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tire size question

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Kath

Re: Tire size question

Post by Kath »

That's what we're going to have to do. The local dealer wants $100 per tire to mount and balance...and that's if we buy the tires from them, which would be $65 more than buying them online. Having them install tires from elsewhere would be more he said. LOL Talk about rape.

So, looks like this will be a DIY job.
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Kath wrote:That's what we're going to have to do. The local dealer wants $100 per tire to mount and balance...and that's if we buy the tires from them, which would be $65 more than buying them online. Having them install tires from elsewhere would be more he said. LOL Talk about rape.

So, looks like this will be a DIY job.
I've got a garage, tools, irons, and experience if anyone wants to make a fun evening of it. Even got a freezer full of Flavor-Ice for when it gets hot. They do get easier with time - I'm down to about an hour per tire, including removing/reinstalling on a bike with no center stand.

I could show you the Dude's method (it's like the wrong way, only faster and with more cussing and beer). :foul:
Kath

Post by Kath »

:harhar: Well, I'm going to go ahead and order the tires and maybe we'll take you up on that. Sounds fun! LOL My only goal is to get them installed and scrubbed a bit before 777.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

$100 for a tire swap!
You should firebomb that place just for suggesting that.

As everyone else has said, its a huge pain in the nuts, but honestly not really that hard. Especially if the Dude or someone shows you how to do it once or twice.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

if doodly bails on you, I can help.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Kyler wrote:if doodly bails on you, I can help.
Why don't you join us Ken? Did I mention a fridge full of fancy beer and the only legal water crossings in MoCo are within 2 miles of either direction of me?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

the dude himself wrote:
Kyler wrote:if doodly bails on you, I can help.
Why don't you join us Ken? Did I mention a fridge full of fancy beer and the only legal water crossings in MoCo are within 2 miles of either direction of me?
I do need to mount my trials tire... but time is running out and I have way to many honey-does to get done before I go to Pike's Peak. My riding schedule has infringed on my spousal task list and domestic bliss is being jeopardized. :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris