I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

need DRZ motor help

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
b3h
DAMN Wanabe

Re: need DRZ motor help

Post by b3h »

quick compression check?

any sensors?

sounds electrical

check all connectors

good spark ?

try all 1 million things, 1 at a time :wallbash:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

b3h wrote:quick compression check?

any sensors?

sounds electrical

check all connectors

good spark ?

try all 1 million things, 1 at a time :wallbash:
:lol2: Yeah, that is the way it goes. :screwy:

Subsequently, I have been spending a lot of time on Ebay and craigslist. :eyes:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Louge

Post by Louge »

Halle's TT-R125L exhibited a similar problem after sitting over a winter (and yes, with a full float bowl :wallbash: ). It ran fine up on the needle and main but wouldn't start or idle. I went through the carb a couple times before finding a jellified mass under the pilot, the pilot was fine. A dental pick plucked it out.

I don't believe yours sits long enuf to have those kinda probs mdubya. :roost: Any cracks on the intake boot?
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

Louge wrote:Halle's TT-R125L exhibited a similar problem after sitting over a winter (and yes, with a full float bowl :wallbash: ). It ran fine up on the needle and main but wouldn't start or idle. I went through the carb a couple times before finding a jellified mass under the pilot, the pilot was fine. A dental pick plucked it out.

I don't believe yours sits long enuf to have those kinda probs mdubya. :roost: Any cracks on the intake boot?

HAHA, plus with as much as he gets it it up on one wheel, nothing should be settling! :roost:
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
b3h
DAMN Wanabe

Post by b3h »

How's the plug wire ?
mtd679
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mtd679 »

bunch of bike I don't ride...
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

b3h wrote:How's the plug wire ?
I need to take a good look at it. I was headed to the garage this evening when I was distracted by my guitar. :kumbaya:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

biffer99 wrote:
Louge wrote:Halle's TT-R125L exhibited a similar problem after sitting over a winter (and yes, with a full float bowl :wallbash: ). It ran fine up on the needle and main but wouldn't start or idle. I went through the carb a couple times before finding a jellified mass under the pilot, the pilot was fine. A dental pick plucked it out.

HAHA, plus with as much as he gets it it up on one wheel, nothing should be settling! :roost:
That is my theory. :roost: :whoop:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I need to check the intake boot. I think there is a strong possibility it is dirt or gunk in the carb.

There is also a strong possibility I will have a spare motor and a second DRZ before the weekend is up. :doh:

:screwy:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC