I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

dr 350 saga....

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: dr 350 saga....

Post by Bucho »

I had a pretty sizable hole in the bottom of the DR's crank case from a rock. I used quick steel and its been fine for almost four years.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

Go to a welding supply store, or maybe Fastenal, and get a product called "Lab Metal". Works great. Apply as directed and the piece will be good as new.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

code wrote:Am really eyein' up the hammer run but the oil leak is back :dry: My buddy that has been tooling it found this...After changing the over tightened dry rot gasket, several days went by with nothing, then a slight bit came out. Took the piece off again and noticed a nice size crack across the backside of the piece that looks like someone hit it with a chisel. :nono: Brilliant! :screwy: Now the ebay search begins..well once he shows me what the piece is. From our phone convo..sounded like the same piece that had the over tightened gasket.
Is this piece aluminum? Can you take it off? If so I can have a friend teg weld it. U`ll never no it was cracked.
Last edited by Junior on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

jr-n-the mule wrote:
code wrote:Am really eyein' up the hammer run but the oil leak is back :dry: My buddy that has been tooling it found this...After changing the over tightened dry rot gasket, several days went by with nothing, then a slight bit came out. Took the piece off again and noticed a nice size crack across the backside of the piece that looks like someone hit it with a chisel. :nono: Brilliant! :screwy: Now the ebay search begins..well once he shows me what the piece is. From our phone convo..sounded like the same piece that had the over tightened gasket.
Is this peace aluminum? Can you take it off? If so I can have a friend teg weld it. U`ll never no it was cracked.
Aluminum peace:
:lol2:
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

the dude himself wrote:
jr-n-the mule wrote:
Is this peace aluminum? Can you take it off? If so I can have a friend teg weld it. U`ll never no it was cracked.
Aluminum peace:
:lol2:
my bad :dry:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Have some of the labmetal coming my way. So it should be fixed in a few days. :thumbup: Still waiting on my new DAMN turn signals to show up from china though :harhar: ps. I'm not joking bout that last statement :screwy: