I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

KTM Shifter Bolt

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

KTM Shifter Bolt

Post by Rut Row »

For any of you tired of the perpetual problem of the KTM shifter bolt coming loose and don't want to safety wire it, I bought a package of M6-16 nylok cap screws. These bolts have a nylon plug in the threads and work on the same principle as a nylok nut.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mustangwagz

Re: KTM Shifter Bolt

Post by mustangwagz »

Yah those bolts are GREAT for stuff that has vibration N such! got em at work.. lol shoulda said something!

Future Ref, i got access to all kinds of bolts N stuff Almost EVERYTHING fastenall has, we got too.. (major assembly shop)
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

BRILLIANT!

I've been loc-titing everything on the 690. I can see replacing all the bizarre selection of fasteners KTM uses with those.

Got a linky for that?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

www.mcmaster.com

or I can send you a couple snail mail
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Roadracer_Al wrote:BRILLIANT!

I've been loc-titing everything on the 690. I can see replacing all the bizarre selection of fasteners KTM uses with those.

Got a linky for that?
Every bolt on the old Duke II was heavily loc-tite'd from the factory. I followed their lead.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:
Roadracer_Al wrote:BRILLIANT!

Got a linky for that?
Every bolt on the old Duke II was heavily loc-tite'd from the factory. I followed their lead.
I heavily loc-tited the shifter bolt on two separate occasions and it still came loose. Was thinking of welding it there for a whilel
Ken
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:
mdubya wrote:
Roadracer_Al wrote:
I heavily loc-tited the shifter bolt on two separate occasions and it still came loose. Was thinking of welding it there for a whilel

Bummer. I had mine come loose at the camp out too. Stuck in 3rd gear from the ORV back to the mosquito site..errr...campsite. :eyes:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

A friend tore up the shifter shaft on a brand new bike and had to split the cases to replace it because of a lose shifter bolt.

Ken, sure, if you want to drop one in the mail, that would rock!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:Bummer. I had mine come loose at the camp out too. Stuck in 3rd gear from the ORV back to the mosquito site..errr...campsite. :eyes:
I have plenty of bolts - had to buy a pack of 25 - want some?
Ken
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:
mdubya wrote:Bummer. I had mine come loose at the camp out too. Stuck in 3rd gear from the ORV back to the mosquito site..errr...campsite. :eyes:
I have plenty of bolts - had to buy a pack of 25 - want some?
Yes. :ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC