I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Wheel weights (spoke type)

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Wheel weights (spoke type)

Post by Boom Boom »

I need to balance out the front wheel on the Berg some and have noticed some bikes having weights mounted on the spokes, I think that is what I want. Can anyone tell me where I can get them at or a better option? :shrug:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Re: Wheel weights (spoke type)

Post by the dude himself »

Dakar guys = stick on wheel weights with aluminum foil tape/duct tape over top to keep them on in the mud.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I have some. I prefer them over the stick-on kind. If you need 4oz to offset a rim lock, the stick-on kind is a pain as they only come in 1/4oz sizes.

how many do you need and what sizes?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mustangwagz

Post by mustangwagz »

NICE..i got a front wheel vibration too and was wandering 2 things..

first off..how to find the heavy spot
and second, how to balance it.. figured wheel weights but didnt know where to get em either. lol i just kinda figured i'd have to live with it. haha
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

use a rod through the bearings. The wheel will roll untill the heavy side is down. Put weights on top, move wheel and repeat until the wheel stays in whatever location you move it to.

I have a a Tachyon balencer that has bearings and a rod which allows the wheel to spin easier.

see http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle- ... -balancer/ for more info
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mustangwagz

Post by mustangwagz »

Kyler wrote:use a rod through the bearings. The wheel will roll untill the heavy side is down. Put weights on top, move wheel and repeat until the wheel stays in whatever location you move it to.

I have a a Tachyon balencer that has bearings and a rod which allows the wheel to spin easier.

see http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle- ... -balancer/ for more info
AH HA! NO CRAP! so thats what that thing is!! They guy i used to work for (inspection station) has one of those! he bought it and NEVER used it.. i never asked what it was either. Same Color and all! AWESOME! lol well, looks like i'll be pullin my wheel soon! haha DAMN i'm glad i asked!
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I need to offset the weight of the rim lock. I was thinking of adding a second rim lock to help balance however that would make changing tires a bigger pain. Ken do you have a link to where you purchased yours from?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm pretty sure I bought them from American Motorcycle Tire

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog ... th=632_708
Ken
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Thanks, just placed an order :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

If you are close to a motorcycle shop, JT's, most of them have them and I have scored a few for free.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.