I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Bad DAMN news..

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
mustangwagz

Bad DAMN news..

Post by mustangwagz »

well..its thursday..and i'm home from work STIFF and SORE and bruised...this can only mean one thing.. i wrecked..

Tuesday night..530pm, my bike met the back of a jeep that was stopped in the middle of the road. he stopped suddenly to answer his phone. i NEVER seen the jeep till it was 2 feet in front of me. i was traveling at 45mph. I was blinded by the sun due to it shining on my face shield, it only took 2 to 3 seconds of that sun to blind me enough for me not to see he had stopped. (not to mention, his tail lights we're spray painted blackish or tinted?) My front tire lodged under his rear bumper, and the bike used its momentum to WHIP me over the top of his jeep. i did a summer-sault mid air, and landed on my right shoulder/neck area. Bike is pretty well SMASHED up bad. rear subframe is twisted up BAD BAD BAD! i can prolly straiten it..but not sure if ill ever be able to get it just right. Forks are fine, Front fender is smashed up. along with front headlight bracket and mounting bracket for speedo. Bars are bent too.. tank has a tiny dent in it as well. just a little one though. Insurance company said it'll prolly be totaled..WHICH SUCKS! best value on these bikes is about a grand? so i doubt ill ever find me another bike that runs THIS GOOD at that price.. i'm bummed. :frustrated: I have EVERYTHING i need to fix bike back up to great condition again..except...this frame has me puzzled. i dunno WTF to do guys. i really hate to junk the bike cuz it runs great, and i've put alot of time into it already. Guess ill just have to see what the insurance company has to say? Oh well..till then i have to wait it out and see what goes on and what i can find..

Good thing is, i'm lucky to be alive. Helmets save lives!! also...my rear rack i built..lol.. Its still in tact!! i beleive THATS what made the rear sub-frame twist! haha. the rack is rather un-damaged. just missin some paint!
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Re: Bad DAMN news..

Post by zamobro9 »

dude that sucks,but glad your still livin', code has a dr 350 in the flea market section :shrug: that could be an option with ins co money?
mustangwagz

Post by mustangwagz »

possible yes..just have to see what ins. co. gives me..
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

you're alive - jack up the rack and put a new bike under it :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

You came away w/out any broken bones or death...
That sucks you put that much work into the XT, but you can always find another bike. Goodluck.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

That sucks dude but at least you walked away from it. I am surprised you had full coverage on your bike, lucky for you, I only have collision on my DRz. That is something I should think about.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Glad you are OK. :thumbup:

The ins co should buy you a brand new dual sport of your choice for carrying full coverage on a 20 year old bike!
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mustangwagz

Post by mustangwagz »

mdubya wrote:Glad you are OK. :thumbup:

The ins co should buy you a brand new dual sport of your choice for carrying full coverage on a 20 year old bike!

haha, MAN that'd be sweet! Tell em to meet me at local dealership at noon and slick me up with a new ride! haha. Although to the comment about jacking up the Rack N parkin a new bike under it..thats the plan..just..dunno when or what it'll get transplanted onto. anyhow, thanks for everyones concern! i was outside today with the 10month old boy of mine and him and i was talkin bout it..lol (not really, but ya know what i mean..) just glad i aint dead..

i got full coverage on EVerything i own.. the mopeds, quads, mini bikes, all of it. lol somethings...money just cant buy! not to mention, most of my toys are OLD.. like the xt is the newest toy i have.. moped is a 78 tomos, mini bike is a 72 rupp and my bronco is a 78. (the 70's was awesome!! :kumbaya: :freakey: ) wish i coulda been there! hahaha