I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I need your help!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

I need your help!

Post by Wingfixer »

A buddy of mine lent me his bike to ride for the weekend while I was in Virginia with the family, now I have a dire need of one:
I am only about 20k short, can't some of you DAMN fine folks help a brother out?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: I need your help!

Post by Rut Row »

Sure - I'll take the Connie off your hands for $5K. Thats a start!

what are friends for anyway?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

How did that compare to the Connie anyway?
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Ovoidious wrote:How did that compare to the Connie anyway?
In the Sport/Touring spectrum the K bike is definitely leaning more towards sport. I was riding with a buddy on his '09 C14. We did a 50 odd mile loop around West Va, the Bimmer kicked the connie's ass everywhere. Its way more flickable, way faster off the line and gets deep into triple digits way, way quicker. This not being my $20k bike I didn't flog it right to the limits but I would say for sportiness it compared to my old gixxer 1000 pretty nicely. Not quite as flickable or as quick but comparable. Where it lacked? It was comfy but not 1000+ miles in a day comfy and, did I mention the $20k price tag - and that was used.

It was fun to ride and had me missing the days when I had a pure sport bike in the stable but even if I had the disposable income I would rather get another GSXR or a CBR and save the extra $$ for track days and the inevitable replacement plastic.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Kyler wrote:Sure - I'll take the Connie off your hands for $5K. Thats a start!

what are friends for anyway?
Always lookin' out for me, that's what I love about you Ken.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

nice bike! :bow:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

For that kind of money, you could get 4 Aprilia Futuras and not have to worry about final drive failures...just sayin' :lol2:

Acutally, that's one of the (very) few BMW's I do like, very smooth and fast with great style. Have you ever heard of or ridden a Honda CBR1100XX? Same concept, for a lot less money.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Yup, I had a riding buddy with a blackbird, cool bike and a concept that was ahead of its time. Its still a great bike to have today.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.