I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

KC's DR 650 farkles

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
oil-spitn-rat

KC's DR 650 farkles

Post by oil-spitn-rat »

Added the FCR39 Carb and two bros pipe
Here is the carb up close, added the cable AFM way cool. Dont know that I'll need it much after dialing it in.
Picture of the ugliest bike I own and quickly becoming my favorite. Perdo E. will attest that the rest of the herd is homely too.
The pipe is louder than shit and needs repacked and a silencer cone aka buttplug.
The thing really rolls out now. Wheelies are on tap.
More farkles to come...
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: KC's DR 650 farkles

Post by Bucho »

Your DR is really coming along. The quiet tip makes a big difference. There are so many things you can add if you really want to and have the money. If you start doing alot of offroading then a suspension upgrade and a 14 tooth front sprocket are nice.

Personally, I'd still like an larger fuel tank.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

did you vent one of the carb hoses up under the tank? You'll need that for the water crossings next year.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
oil-spitn-rat

Post by oil-spitn-rat »

No I didn't vent the carb up under the tank. I will need to do this. That thing looked like an octopus too! Five vent tubes!!

At this point the only mods I'll be looking to do will be suspension, springs and emulators, many folks have been using these Intimidators from Ricor. I think they are too simple and over priced. I think people like them because they are drop in and are scared to mess with the fork, they do work, I just dont think they will work as well as emulators. PLus they cost even more. :whoop: enjoyed to crap out of riding it yesterday and hope to have the dirt wheels done and readied buy weeks end.

Phil- I know what you mean about the tank...it's barely 3 gallons.. I've priced some used oversized ones but not found any deals of the century. I do hate the plastics the PO (prior owner) spray painted, what a freakin retard. I really want to find some decnt used blue or white plastics for this bike as it reallt does look like shit. Everything this cat has done to the bike I've had to go back and redo, rewire, etc etc. :boohoo:

Next mod is the stator rewire from Y to Delta for more amps and a voltmeter or ampmeter if I can find one. This shouldn't coast me much if anything, maybe just the gauge. I already picked up the sidecover gasket in prep for this deal.

I'll need to lay low on the farkling for a bit :peep: as I don't want the missus to freak out about the rent and such in February, business is slow as usual.
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Nice! I haven't really ridden a DR with the stock carb, but it can definitely move with the FCR...now if only I wasn't such a big wuss :lol2:

I haven't looked into the stator rewiring in a while...how much extra is that supposed to buy you?
oil-spitn-rat

Post by oil-spitn-rat »

I've been told the rewire from Y to delta config will yield approx. %40 more amps, but its supposed to be at a minimal peak volts sacrifice. I rode yesterday with a my Gerbing jacket liner and gloves and a set of heated insoles and noticed little if any lack of electrical drop. I did have my headlight disconnected during the day, on the way home I plugged it in and ran everything full blast. :whoop: The bike started up fine afterward, but I don't have an amp meter or voltmeter connected to the bike. I've been told the DR stator is poor for electrical add ons... :huh:
I've got to get a meter connected for some real data. I run with a spare battery in my bag just in case! :roost:

The dude at Procycle said they were testing an aftermarket high output unit now. I told him to send it to me and let me put it to a real world test. :whip: I didn't see one in the box of stuff. fucker...
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

oil-spitn-rat wrote:I've been told the rewire from Y to delta config will yield approx. %40 more amps, but its supposed to be at a minimal peak volts sacrifice. I rode yesterday with a my Gerbing jacket liner and gloves and a set of heated insoles and noticed little if any lack of electrical drop. I did have my headlight disconnected during the day, on the way home I plugged it in and ran everything full blast. :whoop: The bike started up fine afterward, but I don't have an amp meter or voltmeter connected to the bike. I've been told the DR stator is poor for electrical add ons... :huh:
I've got to get a meter connected for some real data. I run with a spare battery in my bag just in case! :roost:

The dude at Procycle said they were testing an aftermarket high output unit now. I told him to send it to me and let me put it to a real world test. :whip: I didn't see one in the box of stuff. fucker...
:lol2:

I can't see myself using any more than that on the DR, so I guess I'll hold off on the rewire. Thanks for the info :cheers: I need to learn how to ride better before I need to screw with any more upgrades anyway.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

badguy wrote:[ I need to learn how to ride better before I need to screw with any more upgrades anyway.
Thats pretty honest. Most of us are convinced that we desperately NEED that farkle for an extra horsepower b/c we are awesome and can absolutely ride the wheels off our machine.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm looking for a gyro-stabilizer so I won't fall down so much! :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Kyler wrote:I'm looking for a gyro-stabilizer so I won't fall down so much! :harhar:
It won`t help you :nono: :poser:

Hey Rat, Good job on the DR. I ride mine fairly hard and definitely suggest a suspension upgrade. You can also get a 45t rear sprocket,lots of fun!!
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX