I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Howdee! I'm new to the forum.

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
1AHBE
DAMN n00b

Howdee! I'm new to the forum.

Post by 1AHBE » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I'm happy to be here!! :loveit:
I was told about this forum by badguy.
Last edited by 1AHBE on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Howdee! I'm new to the forum.

Post by Rut Row » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:14 pm

:welcome:

BadGuy gave you good advice!

Now go get a decent (insert favorite manufacturer here) 450 class bike and come learn the dirt side!

btw, I would have killed for an 800GS when I rode my KLR to james Bay and back :censored:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Welcome to the forum!! Not much riding going on right now but we have a get together coming up in February, hope to see ya there!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

1AHBE
DAMN n00b

Post by 1AHBE » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:22 pm

Kyler wrote::welcome:

Now go get a decent (insert favorite manufacturer here) 450 class bike and come learn the dirt side!

btw, I would have killed for an 800GS when I rode my KLR to james Bay and back :censored:
Sounds like a nice trip!
I felt the same way after I got back from my big trip, so I sold my sportbike, did some research and test rides and got my 800GS.

So far, the only downside to owning one is that BMW riders get picked on a lot! :fitz:
:D

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:28 pm

OMG_WTF wrote:So far, the only downside to owning one is that BMW riders get picked on a lot!
:jack:

well, don't expect any slack here! :amazon:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:29 pm

btw, that bike will be perfect for the annual 777 ride.
Ken

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:47 pm

Don't worry pretty much everyone gets their bike/manufacturer made fun at some point, (or all the time...).

You probably don't want to do any harescrambles w/ that bike, but w/ some knobbies and crash bars you should still be able to come on alot of fun rides.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

1AHBE
DAMN n00b

Post by 1AHBE » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Bucho wrote:
You probably don't want to do any harescrambles w/ that bike, but w/ some knobbies and crash bars you should still be able to come on alot of fun rides.
thx
Last edited by 1AHBE on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:45 pm

OMG_WTF wrote:[I have crash bars. I've added a lot of crash protection and a few other useful farkles based on my experience and research.

Do all the rides require knobby tires? .
Its good you already have some crashbars.

No, not all the rides require knobbies. When you see rides posted up, feel free to ask questions about what kind of ride it is. And even then take the answers w/ a grain of salt. Some people wouldn't hardly get on a dirtroad w/out a 450 bike and knobbies while others would take a huge R1200GS on the HammerRun.
If Badguy hasn't shown you yet, there are some fun dirtroad rides in the Frederick area, and up around Michaux in PA, (and of course further west). You should come along next time guys are going to Greenridge. Assuming the ORV trail is dry you could do it, and you'd have a great time on the dirtroads around it. The easy "out and back trail" at Tasker's is also doable. All this of course depends on your skill level, you say you are a newbie, but you obviously have some experience off the pavement w/ your awesome Alaska trip.

When the wind isn't howling and it gets warmer then 25 degrees, I'd be happy to show you some local dirtroads if you don't know them yet.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Bucho wrote:The easy "out and back trail" at Tasker's is also doable.
:huh: I must not have ridden this yet...no beach ball sized boulders? :lol2:
Ken