I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

D-7 SIGN UP! Dual Sports, Enduros and Hare Scrambles

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Hare
DAMN Poohba

D-7 SIGN UP! Dual Sports, Enduros and Hare Scrambles

Post by Hare »

PLEASE everybody join AMA District 7. This is your local AMA club, please support it!

http://amadistrict7.com/membership/Memb ... 202010.pdf

All it takes is a little bit of money $25. dues for the year ($30.for 2)($35.for 3 DS,HS,Enduro), even if you dont plan to race or ride the dual sports its an easy and great way to make D-7 stronger and to show your support for off road riding in and around Maryland.

hey guys I know you heard it all before but without support of the riding community there would be even less opprotunities to ride and people to ride with. All the guys and girls that do the work are volunteers (and can use help), but lately with a drop in people from times being tight in the past couple years, it is hard to provide a quality series with cool prizes, trophies, banquet and so on.

http://amadistrict7.com/membership/Memb ... 202010.pdf

Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: D-7 SIGN UP! Dual Sports, Enduros and Hare Scrambles

Post by Laoch »

Good plug. :thumbup:

Now some questions, be patient :deal: This is coming from a guy who has never paid to ride in any kind of event, but I'm considering it.

Two classes means what?
The stuff at the top? Enduros and DS right?

Looking at the application: is AMA required to belong to D-7? Wait...D-7 is part of the AMA? Or not? Separate things? :shrug: :lol2:
D6 is PA...how does that work? Reciprocity?

Riding number? :shrug: Izzat for real racers?

What class am I? "D" ? :lol2:

Why do they want to know about the number of voters in my house?

Ok, I'm a little bored, but at least I looked.
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Is this Boyer Farm Harescramble thats coming up part of D7? SandyLane enduro?

And for dualsports, is the Shenendoah500, Michaux, or the HammerRun part of D7?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

dirtygrunt wrote:Good plug. :thumbup:

Now some questions, be patient :deal: This is coming from a guy who has never paid to ride in any kind of event, but I'm considering it.

Two classes means what?
The stuff at the top? Enduros and DS right?

Looking at the application: is AMA required to belong to D-7? Wait...D-7 is part of the AMA? Or not? Separate things? :shrug: :lol2:
D6 is PA...how does that work? Reciprocity?

Riding number? :shrug: Izzat for real racers?

What class am I? "D" ? :lol2:

Why do they want to know about the number of voters in my house?

Ok, I'm a little bored, but at least I looked.

thanks for looking, D-7 has given me a lot of fun weekends, its fun to give back too. The way i look at the pay rides is that sure I could ride for free but these guys go out of their way to set it all up, course, food, fun after, they are mostly avid riders and all the money go to the riders club or fire hall or police dept, none of the enduro guys do this to make money they LOVE the sport. I gladly pay just to promote them to WANT to hold rides for us.

There no better way to ride the best woods on the east coast.

D-6 and D-7 are different series with different races, tracks ect, many events are combo events like 6&7 (PA), or 5&7 (WVA). You can sign up for both or whichever one you think you'll race more. D-7 is special with the dual sport and enduro classes and has a better HS series. It doesnt matter where you live PA WV MD NJ DE.

The District 7 is the maryland area club of the AMA. Although most of the races (all now i think) are in the surrounding states. D-7 has multiple disciplines to enjoy. Dual Sports, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, Trials, Dirt Track and of course Motocross.

For my D-7 membership I will sign up for 3 discilplines. Dual Sport, Enduro and Hare Scrambles. Hare Scrambles is the only one i need to pick a class for so since i am over 40 i will check Senior Hare Scrambles and enclose check for $35. If under 30 or just starting out I would write in "C" where it says ABC Hare Scrambles or circle the "C". Vet is over 30, Senior is over 40, super senior is over 50, masters 60, golden masters 70. Everybody that hasnt raced before should sign up for "C".

They will give you numbers based on what is available.

screw the voter stuff but it probably for AMA to show political power

AMA membership ($39. per year) is separate and usually required at most every motorcycle event, Dual Sport, Enduro or Hare Scrambles, they basically hold the insurance to cover the event holders and are keeper of the rules. Then the local districts keep track of everyones points and generally sanction/referee the events that the local promoters hold. You must have an AMA card to ride and or race any of the events (dual sports, enduros, hare scrambles) but do not have to have a D-7 membership to race or ride unless you want to keep points and or support D-7.

The D-7 enduro series is a smaller, more local to us 12 race version of the ECEA.org (East Coast Enduro Association) 18 race series. Its easy for any level of rider to win year ends trophies by just going to 6 or more races and trail riding it. Where as the ECEA series is considerably harder to win, but worth it, that where the true fast guys are.

http://www.amadistrict7.com/enduro/index.html

The D-7 Dual Sport series are a bunch of fun runs for street trail bikes. You don't need a D-7 membership to ride but you do need AMA. With D-7 card you get points just by showing up and riding the dual sports, the guy that does the most wins, you must ride 5 events to qualify.
Heck its only an extra $5. if you already signed up for another discipline. Not a lot have joined this yet, this is a newish series that is evolving. We, with anybody's help (help wanted) could make this more fun and much more schwag rewarding, maybe add Scavenger Hunt or Poker Run. AND THEY HAVE A LINK RIGHT TO OUR DAMN WEBSITE. Come on!!!!
http://www.amadistrict7.com/Dual_Sport/index.html

The D-7 Hare Scrambles series is ramping up this year, after losing many different tracks over the years they look to have a killer 12 series (first race was in Nov. 2010) with the 2nd race March 5 and 6th at Boyer Farms.
It wont be like this at the Boyer race but when the fast guys and slow guys all race together it can be a little intense as some of the fast guys think they can win by using other people as traction, they are not as cautious or curtoscy as enduro riders. Still its a great fairly cheap, safe way to really race dirt bikes in an easy series. As districts go, we are pretty slow, save a few.
http://www.amadistrict7.com/harescrambles/index.html
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm not a racer (yet). I have renewed for the last 3 years and last year Bucho and I won first place in DS Sidecar Class - got a nice plaque to prove it too!

I've renewed.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Good info, Hare. Thanks :thumbup:
Bruce