I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Rode Michaux For The First Time This Year; It's ready!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

Rode Michaux For The First Time This Year; It's ready!

Post by SoPaRider »

Rode the DR650 from Chambersburg to Mt. Holly Springs to meet up with my riding buddy Keith (pipe wrench) from Littlestown, where he would have his KTM690E inspected at "On The Edge Powersports" (www.ontheedgepowersports.com). Clint and Jay who run the shop, went to MMI together after high school and now they own their own business together, both are good riders and mechanics and if you ever have any problems while riding the northern part of Michaux, I would recommend searching them out. Afterwards Keith and I got on Ridge Road and rode it all the way to Shippensburg Road (SR4009) and the Big Flats Parking area, where we picked up Birch Run Road over to Milesburn Road and PA Rt. 233. Other than the beginning of Ridge Road, which is always chewed up, the rest of the northern portion of Michaux was in great shape, even after all of the rain we've been having. After we got to U.S. Rt. 30, Keith headed for home and I continued south on PA Rt. 233 to District Road, Teaberry Road, High Rock Road and Rattlesnake Run Road, these were in even better shape. I rode a total of 96.6 miles, 2/3rd's of that was on fire roads, hit some drizzle, snow flurries and sleet on the way home, but it didn't spoil my day one bit. I plan to be riding in Michaux both Saturday and Sunday, I'll be riding a black DR650SE and wearing a white Arai helmet, flag me if you see me!

Jeff (SoPaRider)
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Rode Michaux For The First Time This Year; It's ready!

Post by Laoch »

Sounds good Jeff. :thumbup:
I know you guys are meeting at BRS in the a.m.. I can't get out until around lunchtime.
Do you have a tentative route?
I was thinking I could be at Caledonia parking lot (30/233) around 1230-1300 'ish.

Whatcha' think?
Bruce
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

Post by SoPaRider »

dirtygrunt:

We're to leave Blue Ridge Summit around 11:00 A.M. and I have a route planned that will include most of the fire roads in Michaux south of U.S. Rt. 30, ending up at the Sunoco station in Fayetteville at the intersection of U.S. Rt. 30 and Mont Alto Rd.. Your guess is as good as mine as to how long it will take us to do the southern roads, but I would think it wouldn't take any longer than two hours, that would get us to the Sunoco station around 1:00 P.M., perhaps a little earlier. We will be taking a break there after topping off our tanks, so we could hang around until 1:00 or 1:30 I guess. From there we'll be heading over to White Church Rd. via PA Rt. 997 and picking up Stillhouse Hollow Rd., making a left (north) onto Ridge Rd., then a left onto Middle Ridge Rd., a right onto Linsay Lot Rd., a right onto Mainsville Rd.(?) and then a right onto Means Hollow Rd.. From there we'll pick up Ridge Rd, north again, then a left onto Birch Run Rd, a left onto Shippensburg Rd, a left onto Ridge Rd, south, a right onto Milesburn Rd, a right onto Shippensburg Rd. and a left onto Thompson Hollow Rd. If you miss us at the Sunoco station you should be able to hook up with us somewhere along the way. Hope see ya.

Jeff (SoPaRider)
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'll be working this weekend. Sounds like you guys will be having a good time.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I'll plan to be at Sunoco around that time. I'll hang there for a while to see if I can join ya'll for the northern loop. I have Jax number.

Thanks.
Bruce
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

Post by SoPaRider »

Bucho:

If your off during the week and want to ride, let me know, the weather is looking good!

Jeff (SoPaRider)
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Sounds like we should be taking this coming thursday off. RIGHT?
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Ovo wrote:Sounds like we should be taking this coming thursday off. RIGHT?
:thumbup:
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Met up with Jax, SoPa Rider and pipewrench(?) on his KTM 690 yesterday. I was following the 690 up a hill when he got on the gas and it was like a rocket being launched, holy crap that thing moves. I'm a slow guy on a slow bike anyway, but that orange rocket is cool :thumbup:

SoPa has been riding Michaux since before I was born, he definitely knows his way around :lol2:
Bruce
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

Post by SoPaRider »

Had the pleasure of meeting and riding with a mix of DAMN and ADV members this past weekend at Michaux. dirtygrunt, Jack, Skyclad, Lawrence and pipe wrench, lets do it again real soon. I'm free this coming Thursday (17th) and the weather is looking fine, 37 to 60, mostly sunny with only a 10% chance of showers, everyone wear something green in honor of
Saint Patrick's Day! It will be light by 7:00 and I plan to be up, gear on and out the door by then, if anyone whats to join in a day of multisurface motoring in Michaux let me know and I'll set up a place and time to meet up that will work with your schedule.

Jeff (SoPaRider); Older Than Dirt & Loving It!

'09 DR650SE (Something borrowed; something black!)