I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

7-mountain dual sport 6-26

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Re: 7-mountain dual sport 6-26

Post by Ovo »

Boom Boom wrote:Good catching up with old friends and making some new ones.
Perfect weather for a great ride.
2 thumbs up to PaTRA / SMCC for a great organized event.
I'll 2nd that...I had a great time - even on the easier stuff. Awesome event, great riding, really nice campground, good beer, and good burgers at the end...For a one day ride, it was a DAMN fun event.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

Had a great time and enjoyed riding with some new friends. Looking forward to the next event.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

windyhill wrote:Had a great time and enjoyed riding with some new friends. Looking forward to the next event.
I think you should get the :screwy: award of the day.
You are the man :bow: for running those 50/50 tire with 900psi and comming down the ole log slide hill.
Next ride I will see that you get the chance to go up that climb :knary:

And a shout out to Big Bird for keeping up his perfect record of riding all the options at every DS this year :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

The cabins and the facilities were awesome at the campgrounds. Can't say enough about it. Right across the street from where you drop into the trails. Awesome. I saved the roll chart and have the GPS coords for the whole event, so we ought to do a "DAMN" ride up there this Nov? Windy's tires were awesome on the roads I bet! I thought it was a nice touch for the club to be at the gas station and provide up to 2 gallons of gas for each rider. You drive up, they hand you the pump and you gas and go, great idea.

Here's some photos

Our fearless leader getting ready

Ovo getting the chart all loaded up!

Sean setting up

The Man Camp

The prettiest and most manly ride at the event!
Lots of cool bikes---
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

I am going to join PATRA, if nothing else just to help keep such a great event going. Revisiting those options with some proper tires is the plan!
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

windyhill wrote:I am going to join PATRA, if nothing else just to help keep such a great event going. Revisiting those options with some proper tires is the plan!
Great :thumbup:
I send my $15 off each year for the same reason
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Denny
DAMN Expert

Post by Denny »

I attended the Pennsylvania Off-Highway Vehicle Association meeting Saturday evening @ the PaTRA President's house. The DCNR is giving them fits because people are riding trails that are not part of the system. So please get a map of the trail system to ride the Dual Sport Trail System and do not use the map from Sunday's ride. We rode areas that are not part of the trail system.

Please send the DCNR thank you letter for the wonderful event because we need all of the positive input we can get.

Denny Mann
Past PaOHV Director
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Do you have an email address for DCNR?
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I went to the DCNR website http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/index.aspx

They have some contact email address' for various stuff, but for these types of things, I think a written letter in the mail might be better?

Anyway, I'll drop a letter off to this address I found on the site:
Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Rachel Carson State Office Building
PO Box 8767
400 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8767
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

IMHO, get the correct address and person to send the letter too.
You will find more people in the DCNR are 100% against what we are doing and would love nothing more than to see all trails closed to motorized travel.
I am one of the crew leaders for work at Shade Mountain and I can tell you it is a delicate balance working with the state to keep open what we have.
Let Denny post a contact person that is "on our side" or at least in charge of working with us.
You might be surprised how many at DCNR don't know that motorized travel is allowed on some of the trails. The wrong person gets involved and it will be a negative effect vs a positive, just my opinion.
If you notice, Bald Eagle is one of the few state forests with "driveable trails", keeping them open has taken much work from PaTRA and guys like Denny.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr