I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

five guys and a floral sheet go to Moab.

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: five guys and a floral sheet go to Moab.

Post by Skinny-J »

Boy oh boy, this is gonna be good. I get to re-live the whole week again; plus I feel like the star of a bad reality TV show!
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

And I gotta retrieve my bike before your wife destroys it! LOL
:lol2: :roost: :whoop:
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Yeah, at one time or another I saw all the riders/bikes on the ground but all you DAMN guys are too fast at picking them up! I also didn't snap a picture of the crank case carnage (some things just ain't cool to take pictures of) but I did get some pictures and video of the ride of shame.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Junior wrote::lurker: :lurker: :lurker: more more!!!
Comin' up soon. I am trying to post a day a day.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote:Boy oh boy, this is gonna be good. I get to re-live the whole week again; plus I feel like the a Junior Park Ranger!
Fixed it fer ya! :poser:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

Lol :lol2: :poser:
I've got a few pix to go with the Jr Ranger :-)

Skinny Jay was our fearless leader. He ran 2 GPS units on his bike. One was used soley to find the other GPS. :thumbup:

After the formal pinning ceremony, Jay walked just a little taller.
He also rode just a bit FASTER :whoop:
I believe he was trying to get away from us :lurker:
All kidding aside Jay was THE man when it came to planning this trip. We were all amazed by his route planning and I dont think any of us can ever thank him appropriately for the amount of work he put into researching and setting up the rides.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

:lol2: That's awesome!

I hope I can take a trip like this one of these days. Looks like you guys had a blast!
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Before I get into our first day of riding I wanted to give a little back ground on how this trip was conceived, born and ultimately executed. My memory may be a little shady and I am sure Jay can correct me of I am mistaken but there was beer involved. Sometime during the 2010 DAMN reunion Jay asked me if I had ever had interest in going to Moab. It went something like this:

Jay: Hey, you ever think about going to Moab to do some riding?

Me: Hell yes!!!!!

And so it went. For those of you that might not know Jay, he is a bit of a planner. Within a few months he had approached several potential riders and we where talking about cabin vs camping, trails and sights to see, as well as how we where getting there with the bikes. In the end Jay had found and put a deposit on the cabin you are about to see and had planned breath taking routes for each day. To his credit, he was also willing to be flexible with his schedule to accommodate weather and rider skill and endurance.

In short, this ride could not have happened and definitely would not have been nearly as fun and ADVenturous had it not been for the time and effort Jay put into it. For that reason we unanimously nominated him:

Complete with official ceremony:

It was a position he seemed to take quite seriously, as did we all. :lol:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Day one dawned a bright, sunny and warm(ish) day. More on the weather later as the RR goes on....

The gang:

From left to right: Pete Hauer A.K.A. ONOFF (don't worry ladies, there will be pictures of him sans helmet later on). Junior A.K.A. Junior. Jay "Junior Park Ranger" A.K.A. Skinny-J. Todd, generous provider of truck and trailer, very cool of him! Mike, friend of Jays who learned a valuable lesson about the true trail-worthiness of a KLR. And lastly, yours truly.

The Cabin:

Perfect place for a base station for this ride. Beautiful building breath taking views and close to a lot of the trails. There was the 13 mile commute to get to town but when your commute looks like this:

Who really gives a shit, I thought about it as a warm up ride.

This guy don't give a shit, he is part Honey Badger!

As was to become our custom, we rode to a Subway for a yummy breakfast and subs to put in saddle bags for lunches on the trail.

Trail fuel!

Promised pic of Pete:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

The plan for the day was to ride the Kokopelli bike trail. We had to take a state highway to get to the trail:

I was trying to catch up to Jay for an action shot, you ever try to take pictures while riding?

Getting closer, what the hell? Is he speeding up?!?

Dude though I was trying to race him! Where would he get the idea that I would try to race anybody?

Cool cave like structure, picture taken whilst riding down the road with a heavy index finger overcast.

In the midst of all the trails we stopped at the Dewey Bridge:

Pretty good photo op:

Caged Honey Badger.

Uncaged non-Honey Badger.

Freak of nature.

AH! The trails!

Smart asses on the trail:

Tired already?

Sand is fun - right?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.