I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hancock Quarry Run Dual Sport: August 6-7

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Hancock Quarry Run Dual Sport: August 6-7

Post by BigBird »

I've heard this is an excellent event.

It is 2 days and camping only so I may have trouble getting the QOFE to go :>( and it may be too hard for an OLD FAT GUY?

Is anyone else going? Can anyone tell me more about it - particularly the answer to my too hard for me? question?
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
brappp
DAMN Expert

Re: Hancock Quarry Run Dual Sport: August 6-7

Post by brappp »

me and my whole crew of enduroheads are heading up there for it this year.. it is the weekend after our national enduro in PA, so i hope i am not too banged up from that run to then run this the following weekend.. i will be up there on friday through the whole weekend.. can't wait! :thumbup:

sam, you will be just fine and in good company, just keep the 200 with the trials tire and run your own pace.. you probably won't be able to wipe the shiteating grin off your face IMO, cuz i know i won't be able to.. :poser:

more info - http://www.bearcreeksportsmen.com/
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
WATR, GMER, R&T, ECEA, AMA-D7
" DEATH before DNF!! "
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

BigBird wrote: it may be too hard for an OLD FAT GUY?
Sam you have ridden all options so far this year...I don't think anything in the dual sport class will be to hard for you.. :whoop:
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

If I was not scheduled for "family activities" I would be doing that ride this year.
From my understanding some lodging is available not that far away but you need to book it ASAP.
Your current set up should be fine.
Perhaps the QOFE should have an old friend drop by that weekend again, seemed to work OK for you at 7-mountains.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
sallydog
DAMN Expert

Post by sallydog »

BigBird wrote:I've heard this is an excellent event.

It is 2 days and camping only so I may have trouble getting the QOFE to go :>( and it may be too hard for an OLD FAT GUY?

im old and im fat and i do it every year
OCCR
DAMN
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.

RIDING CALENDER = https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... ssionid=OK
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

If Sam is fat, I am HUMONGOUS! :rickey:
Lots of cool bikes---
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

"sallydog SAID" im old and im fat and i do it every year

I may not be real fat but I AM REAL OLD!!!

SallyDog is just a youngster :>)
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

If you are planning on renting a place within 20 miles of hancock, you'd better get busy. The weekend of the DS, is also a Camp weekend. THis area has alot of summer camps so all of the hotels in and around Hancock, Long Eddy and Deposit are sold out.

I managed to find one cottage for me and my 2 buds going in Deposit. Got lucky on my 13th call! She said it was her last room.

If you are willing to stay 30 miles away (if not camping), you can find places in Sidney about 32 miles away to the North.
Lots of cool bikes---
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Well, My sweetie has just decided not to go up with me :>(

So, if anyone needs a ride or trailer space I may (depending on schedules, etc.) have something. I waited too late to get a room so am now planning on going up early Friday to try to get a good camping spot and camp in my mini-van.

If anyone is interested give me a call at 301-788-8848.

Also if anyone has any info about the weekend, etc. please send an email!

Thanks,
sam of GAIL, Bandit & sam
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

It was fun, it was not a true dual sport. If you had a KLR or any other "big" dual sport, you would have been screwed. Hancock is more like an Enduro without checks! Rocks and roots and ruts. Then it rained all day about 2 hours in. Made it a little harder. It was dark in the woods, with fog and rain and of course your goggles would fog up, so you had to take them off but then you got hit in the face constantly by the leaves from the low hanging limbs since they are heavy with rain! The last 2 hours were pretty tough due to the "visibility" issues.

Here's a good video someone has already posted up.

If you go next year, take the smallest bike you have. You'll be glad you did at the end of the day. I had no problems with my 525, but there were times when I thought "how nice a Husky 125 would be right now!"
Lots of cool bikes---