I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Roll Chart Holder with magnifier

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Roll Chart Holder with magnifier

Post by Firebolter »

I've seen a few before. You used to be able to find them on line. But I haven't seen one in a while. Well a year or 2 ago, I met one of the Delaware guys (Pete) and he had one, a nice one that could magnify 3 lines of a roll chart. Well I ran into Pete in Hancock and got the info for it. A guy up in Mass makes them. I ordered one today, I'll take pictures of it when I get it. If you like it, I'll post up the contact info for the guy. When it is cloudy and low light, I am starting to have a hard time reading mine, so this is just the ticket! Plus I am seeing more and more roll charts are using smaller fonts so they can keep the roll chart length reasonable.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Roll Chart Holder with magnifier

Post by Firebolter »

Finally got it! Pretty awesome. Very well made and BEEFY! Aluminum frame with the lens channeled into the frame, very nice fit. Slides in and out easily. So if you were to get a scratch or haze, you can easily take it out and buff it! SMART. The guy that makes them told me he is still using his first one he made back in 03............

Really nice beefy knobs and a wing nut retainer just like the EE roll chart holder I have (my favorite to date). The wingnut also comes with a cotter pin to keep the wingnut from being able to come off, nice touch. Has a nice angled bar mount for the left side of your bars. I will use 3 beefy zip ties vice stainless steel hose clamps. I like using the zip ties more.

A little costly (70 bucks delivered), but you can see the detail that goes into them. Magnifies perfectly! Now in the woods with low light and crappy rainy conditions, I'll be able to see the roll chart! If any one wants his contact info, just pm or email me. You just email him with your order request, mail your 70 bucks to the address and you get it about a week later. He's in Mass. Me likee...........

Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

does he have a version with bifocals? :shrug:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Is that a joke? :screwy:

No------
Lots of cool bikes---