I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Indy MotoGP 2012

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Indy MotoGP 2012

Post by Firebolter »

Cool, and the group will be me and you. The other guys I usually ride over with, one will be coming back from Colorado and meet us there thursday night. One is riding out with his GF and the other guy is not going this year. I have a great route we did last year from where we start from Sheetz at haymarket Va. (I66 and US15) and take 2 lane back roads all the way to getting on US 50 right outside of Parkersburg, which is on the Ohio/West Va, Line. Then US 50 to Cinnci and finally, I74 for the last 100 miles to Indy.If we meet at Sheetz at 0700, splash and go for gas and 30 min stop for lunch right after we get on US50 at a great deli/restaurant, we roll into Indy around ~6pm.

I'll email you the route so you can check it out.
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Sounds sweet to me! My buddy, Ronan might be tagging along with us as well. He has an '09 purdy red Connie and is who I got the second ticket for. I say might because he is changing jobs and might be moving to San Francisco, and selling his scooter. f_ck!! :wallbash:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote:Cool, and the group will be me and you. The other guys I usually ride over with, one will be coming back from Colorado and meet us there thursday night. One is riding out with his GF and the other guy is not going this year. I have a great route we did last year from where we start from Sheetz at haymarket Va. (I66 and US15) and take 2 lane back roads all the way to getting on US 50 right outside of Parkersburg, which is on the Ohio/West Va, Line. Then US 50 to Cinnci and finally, I74 for the last 100 miles to Indy.If we meet at Sheetz at 0700, splash and go for gas and 30 min stop for lunch right after we get on US50 at a great deli/restaurant, we roll into Indy around ~6pm.

what am I? chopped liver? :dirtdog:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Kyler wrote:
Firebolter wrote:Cool, and the group will be me and you. The other guys I usually ride over with, one will be coming back from Colorado and meet us there thursday night. One is riding out with his GF and the other guy is not going this year. I have a great route we did last year from where we start from Sheetz at haymarket Va. (I66 and US15) and take 2 lane back roads all the way to getting on US 50 right outside of Parkersburg, which is on the Ohio/West Va, Line. Then US 50 to Cinnci and finally, I74 for the last 100 miles to Indy.If we meet at Sheetz at 0700, splash and go for gas and 30 min stop for lunch right after we get on US50 at a great deli/restaurant, we roll into Indy around ~6pm.

Hell no! It will be cool seeing what you and that katoom can do on the twisties! Shoot, you walked me with the 4fiddy, I might need a faster bike.....
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Kyler wrote:

No man! I didn't realize you were riding your bike, thought maybe you'd be caging and taking the wife to visit your fam or something since you got "Indy roots"........I'll post the route up soon so you guys can take a look.......This will be fun if it is the 3-4 of us! You'll like the route.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Here's the route I will take for sure. Rode this last year. Nice 2 lanes twisty black top for the first ~300 miles, then easy US50 and I74 the last ~300. SO you have fun while you're fresh and then easier for the last half of the day.

From Sheetz at I66 and US15 in Haymarket Va, took 55/48 west to Moorefield then 220S to Petersburg, then 28S to Seneca Rocks, then 33W to Linn and finally 47W to Parkersburg where we picked up US50 to Cinnci and I74 into Indy. 47W is not real long but it is a great road and had little traffic. These are some of the best little back roads across West Va.

If we meet at Sheetz at 0630,leave at 7am. Ride about 150 miles per gas stop, with a lunch stop right after we get on US50, we'll roll into Indy at ~6pm.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

here's some photos from 2011 to get you jacked up!!!!!!! These were all taken from our seats

Red Bull Sky Divers

A-10 Warthog flyover

It was pretty much the Casey and Danny show for the most part

Heres Casey getting the checker

When I die, I hope to be re-incarnated as a Umbrella Girl's shorts---My God..... :hug: :bow:

The HD XR1200 race was pretty entertaining, them boyz was tradin' paint!
Last edited by Firebolter on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

More photos from 2011 highlights!

Some Futura in our parking lot was a whore---- :salute:

My favorite picture of the hundreds I did take at the track

Best looking thing at Ducati island

Cool bike/scooter with a retro theme

Katch likee

Airshow was cool, Red Bull Stunt plane right in front of us before MotoGP
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'm still stuck on the umbrella girls :bow:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Had dinner last night with my buddy who lives in Indy, Pat, remember we washed our bikes at his house last year?

Anyway he is in town this week. His casa is open for us to wash bikes or whatever again this year, so we have a Indy hook up if we need it.
Lots of cool bikes---