I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

7-Mtns Ramble Trail – Saturday 9/24

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

7-Mtns Ramble Trail – Saturday 9/24

Post by Skinny-J »

We are heading up to Bald Eagle State Forest to ride the Seven Mountains Ramble Trail on Saturday. Note, Bald Eagle has two riding areas, Shade Mountain which is open to all dirt bikes (and is considerably harder) and the 7-Mts Ramble loop for which you have to be tagged for; this trip is 7-Mts and NOT Shade. You can get more details on the 7-Mts loop here: http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trai ... e_01ad.htm

I will be going up Friday night after work and camp at the Seven Mountains Campground so to be ready for an early start on Saturday. Anybody who is interested is welcome to join us….

Jay
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 7-Mtns Ramble Trail – Saturday 9/24

Post by Boom Boom »

If you check over at ADV Rider in the regional section you will see the BEB is having there camp / ride at 7-mountains this w/e.
Just sayin if your schedule is flexable you may want to join them, looks like a good time.
I am doing a work day at Shade this sunday so the BEB event doesn't work with my schedule.
If I can get a kitchen pass for the 24th I will be up for joining you.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

BB,

Thanks for the heads up. I did see the BEB event but this weekend doesn't work for me. It almost required blood-letting to come up with the 9/24 date so that is definitely our date. Besides, I think the BEB's are a litle more "Adventure" bike oriented; I'd love to get up there some time on the Tiger but this trip will be the Honda 650 and hopefully a litte more off-road and trail riding. However, I have never actually been so who knows....

I know you ride Shade a lot, but any advise on the Ramble Trail? I have read a little about them changing the blaze colors for the trail markers, does any confusion still remain or is staying on the trail pretty easy?
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Oh my, the state and all the wisdom they have thought it was a good idea to make all the "cycle markers" a purple paint mark on the trees and not the yellow as it has been for years.
Some trails have been closed but they have signs posted for those.
Do you have a "dual sport" map of the ramble?
The one supplied by the state and not the map from the PaTRA dual sport.
Some of the trails from the PaTRA dual sport are only legal for the event day.
The BEB event is broke into groups that ride back roads, dirt roads and single track. The single track group is lead by a local that knows the area so they will be riding all the "good stuff".
Not sure what condition the trails will be in from the past two storms but hopefully the BEB guys help clear out any major obsticals.
I think this w/e is a Penn State game so odds are you would not get a camp space at 7-mountains campground this w/e anyhow.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Denny
DAMN Expert

Post by Denny »

4 of us rode out of the Boy Scout Camp @ 7 Mnts. last Sunday and the area is good shape. We actually had a little dust.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Denny wrote:4 of us rode out of the Boy Scout Camp @ 7 Mnts. last Sunday and the area is good shape. We actually had a little dust.

Thanks for the trail up date :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Denny wrote:4 of us rode out of the Boy Scout Camp @ 7 Mnts. last Sunday and the area is good shape. We actually had a little dust.
What is this dust that you speak of? :shrug:

It's been a couple of years since I've been to either Shade Mountain or 7 Mountains. I need to make time to get out there.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

motojunky wrote:What is this dust that you speak of? :shrug:
Has to be rock dust... ain't enough earth exposed to create "real" dust! :poser:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

I`m trying to make this Jay! Who else is going? Any of the Moab crew?
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Junior wrote:I`m trying to make this Jay! Who else is going? Any of the Moab crew?
I haven't talked to WF since last week, do you know how the work on his house in Fla is going; he though he would be in for the trip depending..

Mike bought Trevor's DR 350 so this would be a lot more fun for him than the KLR, we have exchanged e-mails but he is not definite yet.

Pete is riding cross-country, he is out.

Todd says his schedule is open but he is a little reluctant to commit; I think we busted his cherry a little too hard in Moab.

My buddy Paul (broken nose from your GR Last Lap ride) is coming.

Boom Boom might join us if he can; I have the Dual Sport map from the State Forest office but it would be great to have him show us around (although trying to keep up with him will be problematic)

Has Swampfox recovered from Michaux yet, maybe drag him along...

Can't wait; first beer around the campfire Friday night is on me (but you will have to bring your own Whiskey)!