I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Granogue Trial - 10/23/11 - Delaware

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
badguy
DAMN Expert

Re: Granogue Trial - 10/23/11 - Delaware

Post by badguy »

Sorry I left without finding you...my dad was trying to get home before it got too dark (too bad it didn't work, haha) It was really good meeting you as well. I had a blast!

Thanks for encouraging me to come out, even with the CRF, and thanks for checking! I liked your section and a few others, but 1, 2, and 3 gave me problems all day. It was still a ton of fun though!

I got caught looking at Chris Hoffmeister's Beta at the end of the day and he let me ride it around a little...not sure if that was a good idea :lol2:
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

badguy wrote:Sorry I left without finding you...my dad was trying to get home before it got too dark (too bad it didn't work, haha) It was really good meeting you as well. I had a blast!

Thanks for encouraging me to come out, even with the CRF, and thanks for checking! I liked your section and a few others, but 1, 2, and 3 gave me problems all day. It was still a ton of fun though!

I got caught looking at Chris Hoffmeister's Beta at the end of the day and he let me ride it around a little...not sure if that was a good idea :lol2:
Funny thing about trials people... we're almost all happy to let potential riders ride our bikes. I had planned on letting you ride mine before you left. :ride:

I think you did fine on the CRF. You looked better than several people riding your line on proper trials bikes. In fact, you did significantly better than the local guy who rode my bike in the event. He DNF'd after two loops.

In the turn in my section where you dabbed a couple of times, it was just a matter of technique keeping you from making it. I was hoping to find time to make a couple of suggestions but it was non-stop almost all day due to such a good turnout. I haven't looked at the scores closely yet, but I anticipate that the average scores will show that this was one of the more challenging events this year.

Again, thanks for coming out. Hope to see you at future events - either on the CRF or that trials bike you're thinking about buying. :sheep:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Thanks for the compliment! I'm thinking hard about that Beta...I've never had a two stroke before, so there would be a little extra learning curve. I'm sure I'll see you out at another event, and I'll stick around longer next time too, haha.
joedirt
DAMN Wanabe

Post by joedirt »

So how is it you were able to have a trials event at this location? I thought everyone in that area hated anything that made noise.
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

joedirt wrote:So how is it you were able to have a trials event at this location? I thought everyone in that area hated anything that made noise.
Just as a bit of background for everyone, this event takes place on a mega-rich estate... joedirt - do you live in the area?

As incredible as it seems in today's society, especially in that area, it's a simple case of a land owner who is a fan and who doesn't mind sharing his property. I don't know the details of the arrangement, but I do know that this event apparently has a long history there. I understand that there was a break for some period of time (no idea how long) and the event resumed six years ago.

I started to get the details from the current "connection" on Sunday but got sidetracked. I just fired off an email to him to learn more.

They host a couple of bicycle races there too.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
joedirt
DAMN Wanabe

Post by joedirt »

I'm about 15 mins away. My brother did a mountain bike race there before but i had no idea there was a trials event there.
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Below is a link to pictures from the Granogue event...

http://www.pjfreemanphotography.com/Mot ... 54_7Fb58Nr
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Nice! Thanks for the heads up :thumbup: